News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jeffwarne

Re: Goat Hill (photo tour)
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2016, 09:00:54 PM »
Never thought I'd see those two logos together ;D

Goat is so grassy this year it's unplayable ::) ::) ::)
can't get a tee long enough in the tall grass and could lose a ball on front of a green
I'm sure it looks good from a chopper though...
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Sean_A

« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2016, 06:34:22 PM »
Jeepers...I don't recall seeing these pix before.  Jeff....you reckon Woodhall is a rinse n' repeater on the back nine, but this isn't? 

Stumped in Worcestershire.

Ciao
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 02:53:46 AM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024: Dunfanaghy, Fraserburgh, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

jeffwarne

« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2016, 08:29:50 PM »
Jeepers...I don't recall seeing these pix before.  Jeff....you reckon Woodhall is a rinse n' repeater on the back nine, but this isn't? 

Stumped in Worcestershire.

Ciao

I literally just busted out laughing.
The Goat and Woodhall.... in the same sentence. ;D ;D ;D

May have something to do with expectations...
and to be fair, we were playing Woodhall in March

Actually, you've described the 9 holes at The Goat perfectly
Rinse(in a good way)...and repeat

"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Thomas Dai

« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2019, 07:29:13 AM »
I happened upon this Shelter Island GC photo and thought it needed a home somewhere on GCA.
atb

Cal Seifert

« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2019, 04:48:06 PM »
After giving this thread a read I figured I should take the ferry over one day to see what this place is all about.  I figured since I live only 15 minutes from the north ferry worst comes to worst I can go to sunset beach for an afternoon. This course was a blast. I loved the par threes, especially #4, where else can you play a hole like that on an empty course for less than $20? I’ve now played it 4x this summer and learned something new each time. Last time I was there I grabbed a pencil from the scorecard jar in the pro shop and realized it was a pencil from the Bridge wonder who that was from.  ;)

jeffwarne

« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2019, 09:23:29 AM »

jeffwarne

« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2019, 09:25:30 AM »

jeffwarne

« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2019, 09:34:03 AM »

Above scorecard from back in the day-not sure from what decade.
Was given to me last night on a drop in visit returning home from Gardiner's Bay who was co hosting Met PGA Pro-Pro with The Bridge

A nice article about this year's Goat Open that appeared in the Shelter Island Reporter (credit to Mary Fran Gleason)

jeffwarne

« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2020, 02:21:41 PM »
https://www.golf.com/news/columns/2019/08/28/bamberger-7-best-things-golf-shelter-island/

as posted on Tommy's thread

Could this be a a preview of post Corona golf?

Cal Seifert

« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2020, 05:14:42 PM »
I tried looking up Goat Hills website to see if they are open right now and it appears the website is no longer active.  Wonder what that is about since the website used to have the information for the restaurant there as well.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back