News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick Hodgdon

That's right folks. Those of you who enjoyed reading about Jones-Hodgdon I (http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,42045.35/), will want to pay close attention tomorrow to the @phodgdon Twitter account (https://twitter.com/phodgdon) starting at ~12:30pm EST for live coverage of Jones-Hodgdon II, which I am self-titling "The Long Ball's Revenge."

The match is being played at the Kelly Blake Moran designed, Hideout Golf Club in Naples, FL which should be a great venue for such an important rematch between two Naples transplants.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 07:44:58 PM by Patrick Hodgdon »
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

JC Jones

Re: Come One, Come All... To Follow the Match Heard Round GCA...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:10:51 PM »
Will the kid meltdown on 18 again?  How will this KBM stand up to my dominating style?  Watch the drama unfold live as we bring GCA into the 21st century, call it GCA 2.0 The Full Technological Experience.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Patrick Hodgdon

Re: Come One, Come All... Jones-Hodgdon II - "The Long Ball's Revenge"
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 09:09:31 AM »
Will the kid meltdown on 18 again?

18 won't even matter today my friend, except for maybe 3-4 of your presses.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

Jim Colton

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 09:46:29 AM »
I think winner gets to swap one of the loser's Dream 18 holes for a hole of his choosing.

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 09:49:25 AM »
I think winner gets to swap one of the loser's Dream 18 holes for a hole of his choosing.

Not a bad idea Jim, but knowing just how much JC loves him some Crystal Downs I bet he would rather pay double whatever the bet is then lose his #1 pick!  :o

Jason Topp

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 03:48:33 PM »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 03:52:44 PM »
How many shots is Jason getting?

Great negotiating on the first tee is the key to success.  We need only look to the leader, Bob Huntley.

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 03:54:23 PM »
Jason is getting 5 a side just like in Jones-Hodgdon I. Might not be enough. :)

Jason Topp

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 04:08:48 PM »
The long ball could be a crucial advantage on 16:

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 04:20:01 PM »
Jason with the fortuitous call. Long ball gets its revenge!

Jason Topp

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 04:23:50 PM »
The course looks very nice.  I'd love to hear comments when you get the chance.

Patrick Hodgdon

Jason and I had a great day of golf out at HideOut yesterday.

I was again reminded of why I like the course so much. I think it is the best course in SWFL at using the natural flat land that is the landscape down here.

Favorite holes: 2,4,16-18

Least Favorite Holes: 1,9

http://www.hideoutgolfclub.com/default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=230428&ssid=80899&vnf=1 (sorry had to link it's too big and this page scales it)

This is a really great par-5 with a great natural sand dune/waste area that cuts into the hole between 200-100 yards out and down the left side of the hole. The sandy waste area forces both the shorter hitter and the longer hitter to carefully plan their second shot.

As Jason posted 16 above it too is a great short-4. As a result of the pin being back on the top tier I was lucky to make 4 after driving just 5 feet short of the green. The last 3 holes all have a strong risk-reward factor that allows for some excellent match play decision making and an entertaining finishing stretch.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:09:43 PM by Patrick Hodgdon »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back