News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Accident or Design???
« on: June 17, 2003, 05:37:47 AM »
Isn't it rather neat how Elin's rack has slotted in nicely above the Point o' Woods?????
Do I detect another conspiracy or is my british sense of humour just too subtle..............??

FBD.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Marty Bonnar

Re: Accident or Design???
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 06:47:17 AM »
How about the job Squeak did for John Daly at Crooked Stick...did Venturi ever give his caddie credit for the day he almost died and won....he is a forgotten hero on one of the most over glorified days of golf history...I should know his name considering how many times I have had to suffer through that story.

Maybe if you'd read the thread you'd have realised it wasn't ABOUT Elin! (modified)
I should have realised my comment made in jest about the relative positions of the two threads on the bulletin board would soar over the heads of some...

FBD
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:06 PM by -1 »

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 08:15:30 AM »

Once you call me any asshole you can't take it back with a (modified)....I wouldn't use my real name either if I thought this thread...as you started it...was not a monumental waste of time and either about Elin or your inablity to structure a funny.   Who the hell are you anyway..an real architect or a student...I know some people on here know you and were very happy when you started posting...but one simple fact you need to know is that each stupid self serving thread that is started pushes a perfectly good thread to the second page..where all threads die....and btw...I have no problem with being an asshole as long as I am consistent and expect no less in return.

Please don't lecture me.
I took the comment back in respect for the gentleman who began this forum.
If you don't like my sense of humour, fair enough. I agree with your 'stupid self serving' comment though. There's lots of threads on here which seem to me to be about anything BUT GCA, but when I made a comment about that recently, I was gently chastised by better men than I and I accept that.
The Elin thing was a quick off the cuff thought that occured to me in the midst of a browse thru the site this morning, nothing more, nothing less.
I personally thought the original Elin thread (which I hope you notice I NEVER contributed to) was a mildly amusing diversion from the norm, which lightened the otherwise, as we say over here, 'up our own arseholes' nature of GCA (and for that matter any other 'professional' forum).
If you (and the majority) of other users would prefer a serious tone at all times, then maybe this isn't the place for me....

FBD.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 08:47:24 AM »
Hey, take it easy fellas. 8)  I'm the only one who gets into fights around here.  Don't make me start dropping four letter bombs!  
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 08:53:44 AM »

Hey, take it easy fellas. 8)  I'm the only one who gets into fights around here.  Don't make me start dropping four letter bombs!  

Well Said, M!
Let's let this thread die and get to the bottom of the pile ASAP!! No more replies please........!

FBD.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back