News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Moore

Re:Posting (ass) Pictures - Free
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2004, 09:52:53 AM »
"What hath God wrought?" - Samuel Morse, 1837

Stamp out GCA pictorrhea !!!
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Mike Hendren

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2004, 10:01:22 AM »
Nothing like a bogus follow-through to ruin an otherwise good pic of a golf hole ;)

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

THuckaby2

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2004, 10:16:55 AM »
The purity is evident, partner.  Keep it up in March.

;D

THuckaby2

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2004, 11:00:43 AM »
Gulp.  That is a Huckabian chicken-wing flying out there.  OK, we'll hope for the prior swing come March.

BTW, I know chapmans, scrambles et al ain't your bag, but we NEED to do you and me against Moriarty and whoever he chooses in such, for reasons too numerous to list.  Care to have a crack at some of those driveable greens with steady eddie straight-boy weakstick Mr. Safety here to back you up in case of mis-hit?

TH

Lou_Duran

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2004, 11:05:09 AM »

TESTING

THuckaby2

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2004, 11:07:09 AM »
FANTASTIC!  ;D ;D ;D

One hell of a damn fine hat, also.  And a body shape to make us all proud.  Is it any wonder this man is at the very top of my pantheon of heroes?

That course looks familiar... just the trees and the hills... is it Meadow Club?

TH

Lou_Duran

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2004, 11:15:56 AM »

Testing II

Does it get any better than this?
Hey, who's the bozo taking the cart on the green?
Who are the other two gca.com icons?
Where?

Lou_Duran

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2004, 11:22:34 AM »
Huck,

You're very observant.  Did you notice the hat and shaft colors?  Is the guy a fanatic or what?  I didn't room with him, but I hear he wears a yellow/gold and purple satin thong.

On the second picture, doesn't that look like Weiskopf in the background?

Clue on the second gentleman:  he is affectionally referred to as "uncle" by some who know him well.  He is known to make good conversation and write a decent sentence.  As to his game, I can't attest to it.  He hasn't graced me with an invite, and I was too busy looking for my errant shots and the great scenery to notice.  

THuckaby2

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2004, 11:29:38 AM »
Lou:

I wield the same shaft as that Tiger Icon... which I believe ingratiated me to him even more than any words could have!

Now as for that 2nd pic, it seems to be filled with other heroes from my personal pantheon.  Yes, that lady-killer in the background does have a Weiskopfian look to him from afar... that is none other than Mike Cirba, correct?  

The other two I can't tell for sure... nor can I ascertain the course... damn I thought Australia was the only place they allowed carts on greens... and I know two different stalwarts here given the Uncle moniker... come on, help me out here!

Shivas - that pic of the ELK is imperfect only in I just wish we could see his face... So rarely does one get to see full and perfect exhiliration.

TH

THuckaby2

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2004, 11:41:26 AM »
Thoughts?  The first one is this: how the hell many pictures do you have stored away, just waiting for a free place to post them?   ;D

Re 17, hell yes, it would work better as a skyline.  Take out the back bunker.  Just make sure the blokes on 18 tee are always on their toes.  ;D

TH

THuckaby2

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2004, 11:43:42 AM »
Brian:

While I am likely as honored by this as the man himself is likely disgusted, the bloke being attacked by the tree on 17 - and featured in most of these pics - is certainly not me, but rather my erstwhile better-ball partner, good bud and hero among heroes, the infamous shivas.

Ye shall see for yourself how different we are come March.  He's the taller good-looking one.

TH

« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 11:44:00 AM by Tom Huckaby »

JDoyle

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2004, 11:46:12 AM »
Michael,

Thanks for posting this terrific "How To" thread.  I think we all have many photos we would like to post of everything from world-class course to our local tracks that we find special.  I know that I have many photos that provide looks at courses rarely discussed here.  Plus I think this will help posters provide evidence in their arguments and might even shorten some threads  ;).

Lou_Duran

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2004, 12:12:59 PM »
TEST 3 & 4- FAILED

TEST 5

A GREAT MEMBER'S COURSE.  WHAT ABOUT THE BUNKERING?

A WORLD CLASS COURSE SOMEDAY?

GOLF'S MOST PHOTOGRAPHED MAN?  Perfect at the top.  No wonder the he's such a stick!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 12:15:03 PM by Lou_Duran »

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2004, 12:16:49 PM »
There are more golf photos of Huckaby available on the net than Tiger Woods.

Certainly Huckaby gets to play a better class of courses.   ;)

THuckaby2

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2004, 12:21:12 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Thanks, Lou.  That one's not too bad but the lack of leg action remains appalling.  Great pic of a great hole (#6 CPC) though - just airbrush out the hack and you really have something!

Top one is also Meadow Club, correct?

Darn it I can't peg the last one...

And I'm still at a loss for who the two are with Weiskopf Cirba in that other one, and the course they are at dragging carts across the green...

As for you Mike Cirba, heck yeah I play better courses than Tiger - he does not get the privilege of the beautiful and challenging Santa Teresa.  Greens are far too bumpy there.

;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 12:22:09 PM by Tom Huckaby »

Lou_Duran

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2004, 12:21:16 PM »
Huck,

You know the man (pulling the cart across the green) well.  Examine the fine physique for golf, and not bad either for his true favorite sport (ok, maybe 2nd to chasing women).

As to the other gentleman, he is "coastal" and is known to know a bit about a Mac or two.

Re: the course- you've played it before.  I can't believe that you didn't pick out the holes immediately.

On the middle picture of the last set, it is a very poor effort on my part and not representative of the course.  It is of the 18th hole at Texas Tech's Rawls Course, a 560+/- par 5 into the wind.  The shot is taken from about 220 out, on a day when the wind was blowing from the opposite direction (N),and I hit my drive into the water, and Don Mahaffey to the downslope of the lake.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 12:27:09 PM by Lou_Duran »

THuckaby2

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2004, 12:26:25 PM »
Lou:

OK, this is bad.  Short-term memory loss is creeping in big time.

The course is Pacific Dunes?  The carts on green thing really has me thrown for a loop - I didn't think they allowed such there.

As for the other two blokes, I'm sure I do know or should know them... but the woman-chaser is the guy in the background (or at least he was until recently, from what we hear today)... I'm really thrown off by the cart dragger...

Put me out of my misery here... fill me in....

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2004, 12:30:25 PM »
They don't allow carts on the greens there??   :o :-[

THuckaby2

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2004, 12:36:41 PM »
Well Mike, of course "allow" is always in the mind of the doer...

;D

Is it Pacific Dunes, at least?  And it is you in the background, right?  I'm still dying on the other two blokes... and I know I am gonna kick myself...

Lou_Duran

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2004, 12:44:14 PM »
Huck,

The course is Pacific Dunes, the 10th green/11 tee area.  They encouraged us to take the carts across the greens as to speed up play, but not to park them there (tees are ok).  As a testament to how well the course drains, the picture you see was taken on the first day of our 4-day trip there last March, about the only short respite from constant rain (some torrential) that preceded and stayed with us until the final afternoon.

Tiger is the green-crossing cart tottler.  Not in his usual sartorial splendor, he may have accesorized in other ways not clearly seen in the picture.

The "uncle" is no other than the one and only George Bahto; Mr. Bahto to me, of course.  We were fortunate to be regaled over four days with some wonderful stories and insights by this very nice, smart man.  I do hope that Mr. Bahto gets a chance to restore a top club.  His attention to detail, understanding of the process, and dedication are in very short supply among a number of today's practioners.

The top picture is of Meadow, and Mike DeVries's outstanding restoration work.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 12:45:53 PM by Lou_Duran »

THuckaby2

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2004, 12:48:59 PM »
Lou:

Thanks.  I know it sounds easy to say NOW, but those were the two gents I had in mind.  I just didn't want to guess though out of fear of JB's wrath if I got it wrong!

Our friend and benefactor in Carmel is often referred to as an uncle also... that's what screwed me up there... it sure didn't look like Mr. Huntley, but again, silence out of fear of offense...  ;)

That is damn impressive drainage at PD, btw.  I remember the horror stories about the rain.

Oh well... others might be bored to tears, but I find this great fun - and there sure is an architectural merit to this, man pictures do speak loudly.... keep them coming!

TH

JSlonis

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2004, 12:59:55 PM »
Finally...Thanks TomH & Shivas

Heaven? or Royal Dornoch...#11

« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 01:48:25 PM by JSlonis »

THuckaby2

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2004, 01:24:13 PM »
Jamie - my pleasure - great pic!

Shivas - that is beautiful... but ok, here goes the guessing game again.  I know the people there... but what hole is that?  I'm guessing 18th tee, but surely could be wrong.

Such a pity Lou didn't keep up the insanely great pace that day...  :'(

TH

Lou_Duran

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2004, 01:25:41 PM »
FINAL TEST

ONE OF MY FAVORITE SIGHTS IN THE WORLD.

A REAL CLASSIC.  "UNCLE" TO SOME, "SIR" TO ME.

GOT IT ALL FROM HIS MOM.  NOT A BAD PASS.  WHAT? A WALL ON THE COURSE?  TALK ABOUT QUIRK!

OVER THE SHEDS WITH A SLIGHT FADE = LOST BALL LEFT ROUGH

WORLD-CLASS

« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 01:29:38 PM by Lou_Duran »

Lou_Duran

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2004, 01:39:35 PM »
Huck,

I believe that it is a picture of (L to R) Sir Huntley, shivas, Moriarty, and Goodale on the 17th tee.  Yours truly was licking his wounds following the debacle on 16.  I did knock my blind short-iron approach from the left rough on 17 to within inches, so apparently the picture taking didn't interfere much.

Mike Sweeney,

Damn you for getting me started.  I was going to get all my work done this morning so that I could play 9 this afternoon. This new toy just ruined my plans!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back