News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mickey Boland

Re:Posting (ass) Pictures - Free
« Reply #225 on: July 06, 2007, 10:09:17 PM »

You gotta love the caddie's bored expression - this guy has literally seen it all!  ;D

That was my caddie Archie.  He only thought he had seen it all.  He was great.  My idea of what a Scottish caddie should be.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #226 on: July 06, 2007, 10:27:40 PM »
Evan,

I think you're right. But, for some fascinating reason, I don't think any of us ever tire of the ass pic post. I think it's a guy thing...you, know, naughty humor stuff.  If only someone could link a flatulence sound file to the above picture, we could seal this thread forever...

Joe

Done...and done...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 10:29:33 PM by Evan_Fleisher »
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Jeff Doerr

« Reply #227 on: July 06, 2007, 11:01:29 PM »
Evan,

I think you're right. But, for some fascinating reason, I don't think any of us ever tire of the ass pic post. I think it's a guy thing...you, know, naughty humor stuff.  If only someone could link a flatulence sound file to the above picture, we could seal this thread forever...

Joe

Done...and done...

I think Mike is "King of the Category" on both threads!
"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

James Bennett

« Reply #228 on: July 07, 2007, 11:25:13 PM »
This was a 'happenstance' picture, it was not geni-ASS.  In fact when I first reviewed it, I was horrified at perhaps embarassing my host.  But, it is GCA, isn't it.

Any guesses?  Hint, it is not Moortown's 'Gibralter'.  Panhandle Bill will know, including the name of the 'ass'.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #229 on: July 09, 2007, 12:09:04 PM »
The hole is #11 at Alwoodley which is thought to be the original inspiration for Gibralter at Moortown which was built a few years later.

Not sure about the ass but it's posed pretty much like Redanman's new avatar!

James Bennett

« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2007, 08:37:06 AM »
Bill

think.  Who do you know at Alwoodley?  That I might have also met.

PS  Bill is absolutely wrong about the 'heritage' of this hole and Gibralter.  The players at the Buda Cup should check the drawings in the Alwoodley clubhouse.

An extract of the drawing is set out below, which shows that the good Doctor wanted #11 at Alwoodley to be amended in the style of Moortown's #17 (Gibralter - which became #8 when the clubhouse was moved early on, which then became #10 when the two Donald Steele holes were added as #6 and #7 in recent times).  Alwoodley's original #11 routing is also shown in the good Doctor's drawing, just below the 'gibralter-style' #11.

James B
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 08:39:13 AM by James Bennett »
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »
Bill

think.  Who do you know at Alwoodley?  That I might have also met.

PS  Bill is absolutely wrong about the 'heritage' of this hole and Gibralter.  The players at the Buda Cup should check the drawings in the Alwoodley clubhouse.

An extract of the drawing is set out below, which shows that the good Doctor wanted #11 at Alwoodley to be amended in the style of Moortown's #17 (Gibralter - which became #8 when the clubhouse was moved early on, which then became #10 when the two Donald Steele holes were added as #6 and #7 in recent times).  Alwoodley's original #11 routing is also shown in the good Doctor's drawing, just below the 'gibralter-style' #11.

James B

If you are good boys, NL will show you the ORIGINAL  of the map which he keeps in the boot of his car!  No kidding!

I guess you're right about the Moortown thing - I thought the Alwoodley plan was drawn before Moortown was built.  Maybe the plan on the wall in the clubhouse was amended.  Best check with Nick.

James Bennett

« Reply #232 on: July 12, 2007, 12:17:07 AM »
Bill

the old #11 did exist.  A few years ago, the original tee mounding was finally removed (impacted on #10 green a little).  So Nick (or another Alwoodley member) told me.

I can only assume from all of this that Alwoodley #11 followed the build of Moortown #17 (a ka #8, a ka #10).  I am not sure whether this was precipitated by the acquisition of some additional land at Alwoodley behind #10 green during Mackenzie's time, enabling #10 green to be pushed back and the new #11 created.

Nick sent me a digital image of the whole Alwoodley map (much better than my photos).  It is a delight to see, especially as I have enjoyed the good Doctor's map at Royal Adelaide.

Bill, I expect you can work out whose ass it is in the pic! :o  apologies Nick.

James B
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 12:18:30 AM by James Bennett »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back