News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Sweeney

Posting (ass) Pictures - Free
« on: January 22, 2004, 01:47:07 PM »
There have been questions in the past about where to host digital pictures. You can now download and host digital photos for free at http://www.mysticcolorlab.com/

They will host, it seems for now at least, as many as you want there on your personal page. They only charge you for photos that you want them to print a hard copy, not for storage.

To post you then do:

img]http://images.mysticcolorlab.com/33979%3C6723232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D75%3B%3D75%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2323492883939ot1lsi[/img]

Put a "[" at the beginning of the above line, and magically it shows up here as below:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 06:48:11 AM by Mike_Sweeney »

Pete Lavallee

Re:Posting Pictures - Free
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 01:49:48 PM »
Thanks for the link Mike.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

THuckaby2

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 02:00:35 PM »
Mike - not to be dense but I am dense.  When I upload pics it puts them in a slideshow, so that when I copy the link here in between the it doesn't work.  How do I get the pic into that "images" site as you did?

Help... there is a pic I have that the world doesn't care about but I want to test for future reference here....

Thanks!

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 02:05:07 PM »
Thanks Mike.  Testing:
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

THuckaby2

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 02:12:22 PM »
Yahoo!  I managed to jury-rig this to work.  The world does not need to see this, but here goes.  Man any help on how to get these as images without saving out to somewhere else and all the pain I just went to, I'd sure love to hear...

bakerg

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 02:16:01 PM »
I'm a little lost here.  I loaded up some picks onto the mystic site.  What do I copy to link the pictures to GCA.com?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 02:23:11 PM by bakerg »

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 02:16:31 PM »
Tom,

That's what you need to do to get it posted.

Kevin,

Great pic.  Could be "Phone Sex for Shivas"

"Tom Weiskopf, what is Jack thinking right now."
"If I knew that, I'd have won this thing by now."

"Kite is sneaky long...."

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 02:26:01 PM »
Tom,

Your point #4 needs a forward slash before the "img", [/img].

Also, it's possible that there's an easier way to do it, but I would need to see it for myself first, as I know how to get URLs from almost anything.

THuckaby2

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2004, 02:26:35 PM »
Tom,

Are you playing from the Ladies' Tee on #18?  From that tee, you might be able to get home in two.. ;D

That's just why you're such a hero to me, Brian.  Such a smartass question absolutely HAD to be asked.   ;D ;D ;D

We played from the relatively new "gold" tees, one set up from the back.  That's what the host wanted, and given he was paying, just who was I to argue?

Pic is taken leaning against the fence,btw... on that hole we were at most 5 yards up from where one could go...

THuckaby2

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2004, 02:27:26 PM »
I'm a little lost here.  I loaded up some picks onto the mystic site.  What do I copy to link the pictures to GCA.com?

bakerg - do the save thing, note the TITLE of the file they save for you, copy that into what Mike puts below, voila, it should work...

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2004, 02:27:58 PM »

Right click on one of your pictures on the Mystic site, and select "properties".  Highlight the url that will appear (a long url) and copy it (control C works).  Then in your post here type [imgee] without the extra ee, then paste the url (contol V) and then type [/imgee] .  Also without the extra ee's.

THuckaby2

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »
Tom,

Your point #4 needs a forward slash before the "img", [/img].

Also, it's possible that there's an easier way to do it, but I would need to see it for myself first, as I know how to get URLs from almost anything.

Scott - I deleted that post, as it seemed to be showing some weird pic when I went in and made the correction you suggest!

But thanks for the advice, anyway.  I'm sure there is an easier way... but for us of greater density this is a low-tech soluition.

THuckaby2

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2004, 02:34:02 PM »
every freakin' character matters, shivas.... and it has to be a direct URL to a picture only, not a connection to a slide show or anything else...

from this mystic thing, the title has to go after

http://images.mysticcolorlab.com

in between the imgee and forward slash imgee, both in brackets

bakerg

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2004, 02:35:20 PM »

Finally!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 02:39:14 PM by bakerg »

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2004, 02:37:38 PM »
taken from the cheapest digital camera ever (a freebie) -
already tossed out (and yes, it's easier than Tom made it out
to be - Kevin described the right method):

« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 02:44:19 PM by Scott_Burroughs »

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 02:38:59 PM »
Shivas,

No need for scrolling, just do control-C to copy, control-V to paste - very easy.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 02:39:23 PM by Scott_Burroughs »

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2004, 02:45:38 PM »
Don't worry, Dave...you've got good company.  From the SF Chronicle the other day:

Winter can produce some rough conditions on the golf course, especially on the Monterey Peninsula. It was so windy, in fact, during a recent round at Cypress Point that even burly former NFL All-Pro offensive lineman Harris Barton chose to lay up on the world-famous par-3 16th hole

THuckaby2

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2004, 02:46:27 PM »
Ctr-C and Ctrl-V it is - yes, much easier.  I told you I was dense.

And Scott, that is a great pic.  Darkness cannot hide the virile studliness of that group.   ;D

As for you, Shivas - your glory on 8 is only exceed by your ignominy on 16.  Nevertheless, your statement re 16 obviously goes without saying, as you are a male not named Moriarty.

TH

THuckaby2

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2004, 02:48:21 PM »
Don't worry, Dave...you've got good company.  From the SF Chronicle the other day:

Winter can produce some rough conditions on the golf course, especially on the Monterey Peninsula. It was so windy, in fact, during a recent round at Cypress Point that even burly former NFL All-Pro offensive lineman Harris Barton chose to lay up on the world-famous par-3 16th hole

YIKES! Moriarty now has company?  Figures is a pansy-niner.  I wonder though how many others made the carry that day he played... so many of lesser strength did shortly after Moriarty played his exhilirating shot...

;D ;D ;D

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2004, 02:52:31 PM »

The backslash goes before the last IMG

EDIT: ...hey Pete you deleted your post after I gave you this tip...now no one knows what I was talking about!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 02:53:35 PM by Kevin_Reilly »

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2004, 02:54:04 PM »
testing1,2,3.

the 6th hole, with Himalaya bunker, at St Enodoc, Cornwall, England
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 03:08:49 PM by Pete_L. »
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2004, 02:55:18 PM »
Thanks Kevin. To quote a famous golfer:"what a stupid I am!". Still eating lots of tacos.

jg7236

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2004, 02:58:14 PM »
I have seen enough of Shivas' ass, does anybody else have any pictures.

Jimmy Muratt

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2004, 03:13:38 PM »
testing.....

« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 03:20:24 PM by JimmyVA »

THuckaby2

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2004, 03:24:04 PM »
That's an 8iron exhiliratingly laid up short of the bunker, right?

;D ;D ;D

OK, more confessed density - what course?  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back