News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Haspell

Norman V Couples
« on: March 08, 2010, 02:08:13 AM »
Just a heads up, Norman V Couples played a Match at Skibo some years back, its on Sky sports 2 this evening at 9

Happy watching!

Regards
Chris

Martin Toal

Re: Norman V Couples
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 02:27:55 AM »
Already set to record. Looks like a good one.

Chris Haspell

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 04:21:57 AM »
Martin , the course has changed a great deal for the better over the last 4-5 years, i was lucky enough to walk it with the super last year, he is doing a great job thinning roughs, reshaping holes etc and generally making the course more enjoyable.

but i will be watching too!

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 08:44:26 AM »
That was a very windy day!

Peter Ferlicca

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »
If you watch the whole match, on one hole during the back nine Norman and Couple were about 210 yards out into a 30 mph wind.  They both hits 2 irons that didn't get higher than 6 feet off the ground.  They both ended up about 15 feet from the pin, you could tell how hard of a shot it was considering the gratification on Couples and Normans face after they pulled it off.  I love watching shots like that being played.

Alister Matheson

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 12:17:01 PM »
Cheers Chris , I was working there at the time and it was blowing some that day ! Will be interesting to see how she looked on the box i mind we had to move ahead and dampen the greens down and shift tee s forward on the holes that played into the teeth ! Seems like a life time ago now .
Cruden Bay Links Maintenance Blog

http://crudenbaylinks.blogspot.com/

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back