News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Metedeconk CC ( 2002, RTJ & Rulewich) in Jackson, NJ
« on: July 29, 2024, 03:33:12 PM »
Is anyone here a member or recently played there? I remember the Par 5 holes when I played there about 20 years ago. It's a 27 hole course with amenities. Tournament course has a rating of 76.4 and a slope index of 152 with a par of 72.

https://www.metedeconk.org/golf

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tim Martin

Re: Metedeconk CC ( 2002, RTJ & Rulewich) in Jackson, NJ
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2024, 04:08:16 PM »
Steve-I played the Tournament course last year. There is no question that it’s difficult in the way you would expect from RTJ/Roger Rulewich and picking the correct tees is paramount to enjoying the day.

Rick Sides

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2024, 06:39:24 AM »
There is a Korn Ferry event there this August, as was there one last August. The course is in amazing condition and perhaps the most impressive range you will ever see. It weaves its way through the woods and can have some really tight holes were a shot left or right is dead in the wetlands.

Tim Martin

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2024, 08:09:48 AM »
There is a Korn Ferry event there this August, as was there one last August. The course is in amazing condition and perhaps the most impressive range you will ever see. It weaves its way through the woods and can have some really tight holes were a shot left or right is dead in the wetlands.

Rick-I thought the same about the range. I’m not much of a practicer but if I was a member I could see myself spending time there.

mike_malone

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2024, 08:34:23 AM »
Hit it down the middle.
AKA Mayday

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2024, 09:49:58 AM »
When I played there about a decade ago the cars in the parking lot were very impressive.  The club seems to have lots of Wall Street new money members as opposed to the more established Old Money clubs.

Rick Sides

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2024, 10:56:12 AM »
Mayday you’re exactly correct! If your driver is off that day, put it in the bag for good !

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2024, 11:30:07 AM »
I played the course five or six times between opening in 1986 (?) and 2023. When it opened, it had many sandy waste areas and narrow fairways. It was a beast. Over the years, the club grassed some of the waste areas. Ray Hearn was called in in 2021-2. He did some bunker renovation, put in the Billy bunker system, widened some of the fairways, and made some runoff areas around the greens. The course is more playable, but it still has some teeth.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

David_Tepper

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2024, 11:49:34 AM »
The photos of the course remind me very much of Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach, CA. Green fairways thru stands of tall pine trees.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2024, 01:24:38 PM »
The photos of the course remind me very much of Poppy Hills in Pebble Beach, CA. Green fairways thru stands of tall pine trees.

The trees at Poppy Hills come into play more than at Metedeconk.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back