News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joel_Stewart

Construction has started at Yale?
« on: March 18, 2024, 08:08:33 PM »
Anthony Pioppi posted some drone photos showing construction beginning at Yale. This follows the club receiving approval in December to remove 1,000 trees.

https://www.newhavenindependent.org/article/yale_tees_up_for_golf_course_renovation

I'm assuming this will be at least a two year project, maybe longer.

Potentially this is going to be one of the most exciting golf projects over the next few years.

Adam G

Re: Construction has started at Yale?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 07:05:32 AM »
Gil is working on this and Baltusrol Upper in parallel this year. My understanding is most of it is supposed to be in the ground by the end of 2024, with a full year grow in during 2025 and opening in 2026. But I am surprised to see they are already floating greens!

John Blain

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 11:41:57 AM »
Anthony Pioppi posted some drone photos showing construction beginning at Yale. This follows the club receiving approval in December to remove 1,000 trees.

https://www.newhavenindependent.org/article/yale_tees_up_for_golf_course_renovation

I'm assuming this will be at least a two year project, maybe longer.

Potentially this is going to be one of the most exciting golf projects over the next few years.
That was an interesting article, thanks. No surprise that the tree-huggers are up in arms!
Two years seems like a long time for a renovation but after reading what they need to do to keep all interested parties happy it's understandable.

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 06:44:34 AM »
Linked article has a very good picture showing the approved revised mowing lines.  #3 green seems to get revisions in its current location.  Maybe one of our experts can get that picture into this thread.  It also has tree removals at 1,000 - 1,500.
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Nigel Islam

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 04:00:14 PM »
Tree removal will be good. That course will look very good opened up a bit.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back