News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joshua Pettit

The MacKenzie Reader + Hints on Greenkeeping
« on: March 17, 2024, 07:35:19 PM »
A very belated thank you to those who ordered the First Edition — First Printing of The MacKenzie Reader a few years ago, and patiently stuck it out as we navigated the wild supply chain issues during Covid.

Thanks to many of you and many others, what started out as a modest First Printing of 150 copies to commemorate Dr. Alister MacKenzie’s 150th birthday has grown into a much larger operation.  Due to the overwhelming interest and support we’ve gradually scaled up production in order to accommodate demand.  Though still relatively limited, In 2022 we produced a Second Printing of 500 copies and in 2023 a Third Printing of 1,000 copies.

The Third Printing is close to sold out and when they’re gone that will be it for the First Edition of the book.  Down the road I will release a Second Edition, but realistically that’s probably a couple years out.

For anyone who wanted a book but has yet to get one, you can order one of the remaining copies here:

AlisterMacKenzie.org/store

Also, we recently released a Limited Edition (100 copies) Letterpress reproduction of Dr. MacKenzie’s marketing booklet “Hints on Greenkeeping” that he sent out to prospective clients in 1928.  This is a neat memento for the hardcore MacKenzie-philes.  You can learn more about it at the AMI Store website.

I set up a GCA Discount Code for you all — at checkout you can enter “GCA” for 10% off your order.

Wishing you all a wonderful season of golf ahead.

All the best,

Josh
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 07:36:55 PM by Joshua Pettit »
"The greatest and fairest of things are done by nature, and the lesser by art."

Matt Schoolfield

Re: The MacKenzie Reader + Hints on Greenkeeping
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 09:29:41 PM »
Josh, thank you so much for signing my copy at the Fried Egg event in Fairfax. I loved the book and learned a lot. Really insightful conversation that night, and definitely found the information relevant in understanding the Meadow Club.

Congratulations on three successful printings!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 11:02:53 PM by Matt Schoolfield »
Building an encyclopedia of golf courses that anyone can edit: Golf Course Wiki
Some strong opinions on golf: Wigs on the Green
I really think golf culture should be more like beer culture than wine culture

Niall C

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 04:12:05 AM »
Joshua

As a matter of interest, how many pages is the Hints on Greenkeeping booklet ?

Niall

Joshua Pettit

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 10:24:26 PM »
Josh, thank you so much for signing my copy at the Fried Egg event in Fairfax. I loved the book and learned a lot. Really insightful conversation that night, and definitely found the information relevant in understanding the Meadow Club.

Congratulations on three successful printings!
Sure thing Matt!  Very nice meeting you -- I enjoyed our chat.  Glad you liked the book!

Joshua Pettit

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 10:36:48 PM »
Joshua

As a matter of interest, how many pages is the Hints on Greenkeeping booklet ?

Niall
Niall,

Hints on Greenkeeping consists of 4 Letterpress embossed oversized plates + a cover letter sheet.  The illustrations are from Troon, Moortown, Meadow Club and Royal Adelaide.  We reproduced it as precisely as possible.  There's some more info about it on the AMI Store site.

Niall C

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 05:15:53 AM »
Joshua

So there are only 5 pages including the letter ?

Niall

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back