News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V_Halyard

NOT A SIGN UP - just an update. :)
I have understandably received a number of inquiries regarding the Mashie so here is the an update.

This year marks the 25th Anniversary of GCA and the Mashie is going to bench the "Midwest" moniker and host the GCA 25th Anniversary party at Southern Pines, Mid Pines and Pine Needles.

Our to be finalized pricing will include play on each of the three courses and a dinner at the Mid Pines Hotel and Bar.  Caddies will be available for an additional fee.
We will also have a festive Cocktails and Grill-out at GCA World HQ (Ran's House)

NOT A SIGN UP
Date: Nov 18-20
The final TBD Schedule, Hotels, expenses, and other details will follow.
The pricing is looking to be quite complementary in recognition of the positive impact GCAtlas has had on economic development, tourism and the appreciation of Golf Architecture.
The "3-Pines" is for all intents and purposes, the GCA Home Course.

This will also relieve me of my annual guilt that we have perennially stepped on the BUDA.
Hopefully this advance notice will entice some of our overseas folks to come to the states, and enable others to get finalized trips to BUDA.

Stay tuned and a reminder, THIS IS NOT A SIGN UP - just an update. :)
Per usual, all sign ups will need to be executed via an active GCA Account!

Cheers!

Yours in Mashie-
VH, Thrum, Criss, Jeff Shelman, Pat(Phantom)Craig
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

C. Sturges

sweet!!!!    dates on calendar!

Thank you all for your hard work.
chris

BHoover

So it’s no longer the “Midwest” Mashie?

Ira Fishman

My wife and I were about to book our annual fall trip there (the last two highlighted by drinks with Jay on the Mickle Patio). But now we will hold off. Please send details as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Ira

Jason Thurman

Hoover, you've been to enough of these to be very familiar with this event's rich history of geographical malpractice.

We tossed around the idea of doing a true Midwest Mashie even as Vaughn was ironing out details of a potential November event in Southern Pines. We thought about doing a double this year, but it would've meant pulling two big events together in the span of about 7 weeks. As we discussed it, it felt like we were gonna create a situation where our annual "buddy trip" would be split into two separate groups. We didn't want to do that, because so much of the appeal of the Mashie these days is the way it's become a sort of annual reunion for a group of guys who've become old friends and travel buddies, even as it continues to welcome newcomers.

Plus... these things take work. Two events in 7 weeks was gonna kick my ass, and I don't even do the heavy lifting around here. So... we're heading to Midwestern Carolina this year. A noteworthy perk is that I don't expect to get as many funny looks from people when I mention that I'm going to Carolina in November, compared to telling them that I'm going to Cleveland in October for example.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Jerry Kluger

Sounds great - looking forward to a great event.

V_Halyard

What Thurm said.
The 25th of GCA is worthy of a priority gathering and a separate additional “Midwest” event would bifurcate the field.

This gives full respect to BUDA and hopefully gives folks significant planning time.

The Midwest Mashie is on loan to GCA World HQ and will make a tasty return in ‘25.
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

PCCraig

Great work & idea to have this be a 25th anniversary party!
H.P.S.

Tom_Doak

Well I guess I don't have to worry about inviting any of you to the Renaissance Cup.  It's on Pinehurst #10 the first two days of your gathering.

PCCraig

Well I guess I don't have to worry about inviting any of you to the Renaissance Cup.  It's on Pinehurst #10 the first two days of your gathering.

Even better! Sounds like you'll be free to swing by Ran's house for a beer at the BBQ, now!
H.P.S.

Craig Disher

Perhaps looking to see a few Dixie Cup veterans in the mix. I can't imagine a better event. Thank you Vaughn, et. al., for this.

V_Halyard

Trying to do nice things in here can be f—-g exhausting

lol

Tom_Doak

Even better! Sounds like you'll be free to swing by Ran's house for a beer at the BBQ, now!

Probably not.  My own wedding anniversary is on the 20th, so I am headed home immediately after our event!

Joe Melchiors

Jay's already got the mashie there anyway.  I figured this was just a nice show of force to make sure he gives it up and it gets back to the Midwest where it belongs.

PCCraig

Probably not.  My own wedding anniversary is on the 20th, so I am headed home immediately after our event!

Bring the Mrs.!!!  ;D
H.P.S.

Bill Seitz

Hopefully the "Midwest" part still includes priority for those of us who have some history with the event, even though family considerations have kind of screwed me over the last couple years.  Would love to be able to get back in the mix this year.  Sounds like an awesome opportunity.  Thank you to the organizers.

Nigel Islam

Trying to do nice things in here can be f—-g exhausting

lol

And in life in general! Especially in 2024.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back