News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JReese

Midwest USA GCA Knockout 2024 Edition
« on: February 29, 2024, 12:39:59 PM »
I recently received a few messages asking if there would be knockout this year.....if there is enough interest I will go ahead and draw pairings at the end of March.  Please provide your location when you sign up so I can try and keep the first few matches somewhat local. 

- James
"Bunkers are not places of pleasure; they are for punishment and repentance." - Old Tom Morris

Tom_Doak

Re: Midwest USA GCA Knockout 2024 Edition
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 12:58:09 PM »
I will offer up a venue for the final -- the new, reconstructed High Pointe.  Available in September or October.

Put me down as a player, too, although it's likely I will only have to appear in one match.

Buck Wolter

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 02:08:11 PM »
Interested -- Minneapolis (home), Chicago area (~monthly) or between.
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Cal Carlisle

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 04:35:58 PM »
I'd be interested in participating. I'm in Cleveland.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 01:42:54 AM »
Put me down for Chicago.
I'll be in and out a few times this year so should be good.  Or I can just lose my first match and spectate which is most likely.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 07:34:09 PM »
I'll play again. Detroit Metro or Traverse City/Petoskey area will work. Thank you.
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

John McCarthy

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 05:08:10 PM »
I'll give it a go. But the game, shaky. But never had a bad round with gcaers.
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Richard Hetzel

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2024, 07:23:39 AM »
Interested; Cincinnati, Ohio. Willing to drive if necessary!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 08:19:04 AM by Richard Hetzel »
Last 7:
Westbrook CC (OH), NCR CC South (OH), Fort Jackson Wildcat (SC), True Blue GC (SC), Pinewood CC (NC), Asheboro Muni (NC), Dye River Course (VA)

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2024, 08:41:47 AM »
Do we need to be carrying a handicap in order to participate?
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Bill Seitz

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 01:32:12 AM »
I will throw my name again.  Now that the boys are older, it's easier to get out with enough lead time.  Western Burbs of Chicago with the occasional weekend in Traverse/Kingsley.

JReese

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2024, 01:47:41 PM »
I will offer up a venue for the final -- the new, reconstructed High Pointe.  Available in September or October.

Put me down as a player, too, although it's likely I will only have to appear in one match.

Fantastic offer.....thanks Tom! (although it's likely I also will only be appearing in one match). 
"Bunkers are not places of pleasure; they are for punishment and repentance." - Old Tom Morris

JReese

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2024, 01:49:49 PM »
Do we need to be carrying a handicap in order to participate?

No, you can just play off a 0......  I'm ok with letting you and your opponent figure it out prior to your match. 

George Smiltins

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2024, 12:40:34 PM »
I'm in. George Smiltins. Cleveland, Ohio

Joe Melchiors

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2024, 04:56:22 PM »
I was just thinking about this last week! I'm in.  Happy to host matches for others as well if anyone is interested.

Chicago

-Joe
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 01:23:06 PM by Joe Melchiors »

Steve Salmen

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2024, 08:53:23 PM »
I'm in..thank you James.

Northwest Indiana

Bob_Garvelink

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2024, 09:02:17 PM »
I would love to participate and would happily host at Harbor Shores in Benton Harbor Michigan.  I am in SW Michigan but no up to Northern Michigan often.  My kids sports schedule is my only concern but should be able to plan around it
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 09:04:26 PM by Bob_Garvelink »
"Pure Michigan"

Tom_Doak

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2024, 09:56:27 AM »

Fantastic offer.....thanks Tom! (although it's likely I also will only be appearing in one match).

We should put a date in the calendar if I'm going to host this . . . probably not a bad idea to keep your matches progressing on schedule, too.  Saturday October 5?  Or the weekend before or after that? 

I think I could do any of them as things stand right now.  Maybe best to schedule a bit earlier to give some leeway in case I have to move it back a week due to work travel.

JReese

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2024, 02:14:16 PM »

We should put a date in the calendar if I'm going to host this . . . probably not a bad idea to keep your matches progressing on schedule, too.  Saturday October 5?  Or the weekend before or after that? 

I think I could do any of them as things stand right now.  Maybe best to schedule a bit earlier to give some leeway in case I have to move it back a week due to work travel.

I will go ahead and pencil in Oct. 5 as the Championship Match date.....if that needs to change on your end just let us know. 

George Freeman

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2024, 04:36:36 PM »
In!

Chicago
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

JReese

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2024, 02:05:51 PM »
Last call to join the knockout.  I will draw random matchups Friday the 19th (1st round at least somewhat close geographically).

Josh Bills

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2024, 03:07:01 PM »
If you need another in Central Ohio, I am happy to join.  If it makes it more difficult, I'm not offended by being left out. 

Josh

Tom_Doak

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2024, 03:23:50 PM »
If you need another in Central Ohio, I am happy to join.  If it makes it more difficult, I'm not offended by being left out. 

Josh

I think you'd be #16, which is a good number for match play!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back