News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Cohn

Vaquero rebuild (Andrew Green)
« on: November 17, 2023, 05:48:21 PM »

Tom_Doak

Re: Vaquero rebuild (Andrew Green)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 06:01:45 PM »
Anyone know why they dug up and redesigned a 22-year-old Fazio course?

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/gallery/vaquero-club-texas-andrew-green-course-renovation-photos-dallas-fort-worth/

There is so much new money floating into Texas and California, that membership prices have skyrocketed and clubs see a profit potential in doing a renovation to make their course new and sexy again.

In the end, it's all a matter of opinion, but if public opinion has kind of passed you by, there's a lot of temptation to try and change it.

mike_beene

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 08:47:33 PM »
I think the club needed a fresh start and this should give it to them. It is a very nice place.

John Handley

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 10:34:20 PM »
Vaquero is a very nice club, typical Discovery Land Co deal.  They have a lot of money and it's killed them they've been lower in rankings than Dallas National and other top Texas courses.  They have spent money, money, and more money on that place.  I'm interested to see what it looks like now but honestly, there wasn't much wrong with it before.  Like I said, it was a good golf course and a very nice club.  I think this is an instance in just be happy with what you have versus chasing something superficial.  But this is just my two cents.
2024 Line Up: Spanish Oaks GC, Cal Club, Cherokee Plantation, Huntercombe, West Sussex, Hankley Common, Royal St. Georges, Sunningdale New & Old, CC of the Rockies, Royal Lytham, Royal Birkdale, Formby, Royal Liverpool, Swinley Forest, St. George's Hill, Berkshire Red, Walton Heath Old, Austin GC,

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 09:24:39 AM »
Would it be considered a "new" course or a refurbishment of the old?

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 10:54:50 AM »
Would it be considered a "new" course or a refurbishment of the old?

It’s down to the dirt with 14 holes in the same place and 4 in new places so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back