News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

OT - Years worth of back issues of LINKS Magazine
« on: November 02, 2023, 03:05:55 PM »
I have a friend who texted me today who must be doing some house cleaning.  He asked me if I thought anyone would find value in his stacks of nearly 110 issues of LINKS Magazine dating back to around 1997?

It sounds like otherwise they may be destined for the trash.  I told him I would at least throw it out there to see if any or all of this esteemed group would have interest in any or all of them.  There are about 90# worth so if you want them all it probably would have to be someone near Atlanta who would be willing to pick them up.   But if there is a particular issue or two that someone just has to have I am sure that could probably be mailed.

I have no idea what he would want to get out of it for his trouble, but obviously at least cover the postage, etc.  Dont know that he is looking to make a big profit, but I told him I would throw it out there to see if anyone responded.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

PCCraig

Re: OT - Years worth of back issues of LINKS Magazine
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 08:29:13 PM »
I would totally take these, alas I am no where near Atlanta.

I sure hope someone picks these up and saves them from the trash. There has to be some terrific old articles in those editions.
H.P.S.

Matt Schoolfield

Re: OT - Years worth of back issues of LINKS Magazine
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 12:10:31 AM »
It may be worth digitizing them. Might want to reach out to the publisher.
Building an encyclopedia of golf courses that anyone can edit: Golf Course Wiki
Some strong opinions on golf: Wigs on the Green
I really think golf culture should be more like beer culture than wine culture

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back