News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

DFarron

Wolf Point?
« on: October 10, 2023, 04:05:46 PM »
Any insight on how someone could play there? Is it possible for mere mortals?

Asking for a friend ..... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 03:48:26 PM by DFarron »

Dan Gallaway

Re: Wolf Point?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 05:03:46 PM »
Played with a guy who gave me the following.  It's called TXO now.  $2000/day, regardless of what time you arrive.  Must fly in.  Includes golf, food/drink/lodging. I didn't bother to ask how you contact them, due to obvious reasons.

MCirba

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 05:06:23 PM »
Walk ons permitted?   ;)
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

DFarron

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2023, 09:03:27 PM »
Played with a guy who gave me the following.  It's called TXO now.  $2000/day, regardless of what time you arrive.  Must fly in.  Includes golf, food/drink/lodging. I didn't bother to ask how you contact them, due to obvious reasons.

Got it ….figured it was super crazy since they don’t even have a listed number.

Did Dormie take them over ?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 03:48:47 PM by DFarron »

Steve Lang

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 11:25:31 PM »
As I learned last year, yes Dormie took WP over but its not part of their basic "network" of luxury golf destinations for their membership.  They were figuring out what to do with it...  I could buy into Dormie, but I'm not going to fly or helicopter into TXO when I can drive in less than 3 hours.  I consider it a big swing and a miss with over 7.3 million people in the 9 county Houston Metro area market...  glad I got to play there back in '17

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

John Foley

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2023, 07:47:51 AM »
This is a big head scratcher. Following the development here, I've always intrigued and from what we've seen the course looks amazing. When Dormie bought it that sounded promising, but then I see it's fly in only, not part of the network. WTF? Trying to be where only the cool kids go?

Good luck to the Dormie folks. I like the courses (absolutely LOVE Dormie Club) but this just seems a bit ??
Integrity in the moment of choice

Connor Dougherty

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2023, 11:01:44 AM »
Here's the link for requests to play for those interested: https://www.tx0.com/

I don't know much about what the golf course looks like since Dormie took over, but was always grateful for the opportunity to play it the few times I did and the fact that it connected me with Don Mahaffey.
"The website is just one great post away from changing the world of golf architecture.  Make it." --Bart Bradley

Luke Sutton

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2023, 11:02:52 AM »
I set up a group to go there right after Dormie purchased it. I think we paid $1500/golfer and did have to fly in. I miss sitting on the patio with Don and Dianna and driving back home afterwards but those days are long gone. Here is the info… if anyone wants to set up a trip fill out the form and they will reach out to you with openings. They were building cabins 2 years ago so those should be done now I’d assume.

https://www.tx0.com/

Shane Wright

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2023, 10:49:25 AM »

The Dormie Club seems to be holding Wolf Point/TXO as a nice carrot for select members and their potential guests.  They have special invitations to use and I think they do a nice job of promoting it to the members.  They have that right, they own it.

But their fly in only rule is stupid. 

Some unique traditions at private clubs are really cool, this is not one of them.

Peter Sayegh

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2023, 11:34:58 AM »
What a sad thread.
Is any golf course really worth this?

Peter Flory

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2023, 12:12:41 PM »

But their fly in only rule is stupid. 

What a strange rule. 

Brian Finn

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2023, 12:36:46 PM »

deleted

...on second thought, not a discussion i need to be a part of...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 12:46:25 PM by Brian Finn »
New for '24: Monifieth (Medal & Ashludie), Montrose (1562 & Broomfield), Panmure, Carnoustie (Championship, Burnside, & Buddon), Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop (Red & Black), Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs (South & Bluffs)...

Alex Miller

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2023, 07:23:07 PM »
What a sad thread.
Is any golf course really worth this?

Indeed sad and I echo that spending time there with some people and in particular Don and Mike made it incredibly special.

Not sure if any course is worth this, but I think all who've been would say that the course deserves better.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2023, 08:26:47 PM »
Seems like a poor attempt to sell Wolf Point as a Giffen good -  a box for the Fast & Cool Club to check.  A shame. I so enjoyed the experience but if one has access to a plane and $2000/day to spend there are dozens of “better” options for that crowd. Hopefully the guests will enjoy sitting around the fire discussing how great it is to be great.

The course and visionaries behind it deserve better.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 08:32:04 PM by Mike Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2023, 08:32:20 PM »
I was told that arrival by hot air balloon is allowed. Limit one foursome per balloon.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2023, 08:38:18 PM »
Do they have Senior tees for D.B. Cooper?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 08:39:59 PM by Mike Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2023, 08:13:09 AM »
I was told that arrival by hot air balloon is allowed. Limit one foursome per balloon.
What about parachutes? Hang glider?
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back