News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan_Callahan

Re: Tot Hill Farm Restoration/Renovation-First Look
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2023, 12:02:30 PM »
I enjoyed it the first time I played it. This was after I had played RNK and Stonehouse a few years prior. Stonehouse was the first Strantz course I played, and it had me laughing from the very first tee shot. I thought I liked it, but then I played RNK and liked that layout much better. And on a second and third play of Stonehouse, I started to see things I really didn't like. I had the same declining opinion of RNK. I loved it the first few times I played it, but then I saw Tobacco Road and saw the Strantz vision in its most perfect execution. Went back to play RNK last year and to be honest I wouldn't go out of my way to play it again. Had the same thing happen with Tot Hill. Loved the quirk the first few times I played it. Then on a trip to TR a few years ago, we added a day at THF and quickly realized we would have much rather used that extra day for another round at TR. THF is one of those courses that has a few holes and even individual shots within holes that are awesome, but the entirety of it all just doesn't work for me anymore. As opposed to TR, which is in my top 5 favorite public courses in the US.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back