News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Wayne_Kozun

Hurricane Idalia Aug 2023
« on: August 29, 2023, 11:52:05 AM »
This hurricane is expected to hit the Florida gulf coast north of Tampa tomorrow morning.  After cutting across Florida it is expected to go over the Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina coasts, albeit at a weaker intensity.  Places like Jacksonville, Sea Island, Hilton Head, Kiawah, Charleston, Myrtle Beach and others could be in its path.

Let's hope that all those in its path are safe!  And that it doesn't destroy any golf courses.

Drew Harvie

Re: Hurricane Idalia Aug 2023
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 01:03:56 PM »
I'm supposed to go to Tampa this weekend. I guess I won't!

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 02:21:02 PM »
I'm supposed to go to Tampa this weekend. I guess I won't!
Hopefully Cabot Citrus Farms doesn't get washed out. They are only a little bit south of the cone.

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 04:00:55 PM »
My son is an asst super at the Daniel Island Club in Charleston; they tied down everything thing they could, closed up, and went home early this morning to ride it out.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Matt Schoolfield

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2023, 04:16:30 PM »
the Daniel Island Club in Charleston

I've been following the storm, and I don't mean to take away from how serious it is, but it's always interesting to hear a reference to a course I only know through the wiki. Someone from the Daniel Island Club has been regularly updating their course on the wiki. Six holes fully mapped, and it's a pretty good example of the type of library that the site is can be. Just one person who loves their course, slowly sharing it with the world.

I'm hoping the hurricane conditions dramatically recede quickly.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 04:21:23 PM by Matt Schoolfield »
GolfCourse.Wiki
Wigs on the Green
GCA Extension v2.0.1: Firefox/Chrome

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back