News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Daryl David

Re: Hayden Lake Country Club
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2023, 06:37:07 PM »
True. My dad played in many tournaments at Hayden Lake CC in the 60s and 70s.  One of his favorite courses and I went along a few times. It was definitely called Hayden Lake.

Chris Hughes

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2023, 11:05:11 PM »
My Dad grew up playing there...never seen it but John Brodie was his regular playing partner -- he turned out to be pretty darn good in a couple of sports. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 11:11:19 PM by Chris Hughes »

David Stamm

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2024, 02:09:07 PM »
Just an update. Upon further research, the origins of who designed the original course is still not known. It appears the developer consulted with the professional at Spokane CC(?), but the design was altered multiple times across 3 different professionals tenures there, which may (or not) include Jim Barnes, who designed the front 9 at Spokane CC. If I find out more, I will post it.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

David Stamm

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2024, 02:11:53 PM »
One more thing, Spokane CC's clubhouse burned down in 1946, so if there was any evidence there, it's probably gone forever.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back