News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Blain

The Claw @ USF Has Closed
« on: July 26, 2023, 11:09:46 AM »
Some sad news from the University of South Florida; The University's golf course known affectionately as "The Claw" is permanently closing. When playing there it would not be unusual to see a 10' alligator sunning itself 3 or 4 steps from a teebox!

An update on the USF golf course - FAQ

This the second college closing in recent years as Dartmouth College pulled the plug on Hanover CC a couple of years ago.

Greg Hohman

Re: The Claw @ USF Has Closed
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 05:46:15 PM »
“Affectionately” known as The Claw makes me mourn the place sight unseen. Did the dark humor extend (The Claw) to naming the holes in the same spirit? What did you think of the place?
newmonumentsgc.com

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 08:22:10 PM »
USF had let the course fall into a state of disrepair for the last 5 years or so. The old club house was closed and looked as though it was about to collapse. You checked in at a small trailer in the parking lot.

David Kelly

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 09:15:20 PM »
“Affectionately” known as The Claw makes me mourn the place sight unseen. Did the dark humor extend (The Claw) to naming the holes in the same spirit? What did you think of the place?
This will give you a little taste of The Claw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vPAFmrnoi8
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 09:26:48 PM »
Here are photos from 2021. https://www.flickr.com/photos/golfcoursepix/albums/72157720127478827

The course was very wet. There were places where our feet would sink down a couple inches in the soft fairways. However, the photos make it look a lot better than I remember it

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back