News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Conversations with a golf course BH piece
« on: July 29, 2023, 06:30:16 AM »
This piece by Brad Hughes is well worth a read.
Both perceptive and amusing.
See - [size=78%]https://www.bradleyhughesgolf.com/index.php/blog/223-conversations-with-a-golf-course[/size]
Atb

Tommy Williamsen

Re: Conversations with a golf course BH piece
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 09:53:43 AM »
Clever and true for me. I have fallen out of love with my course and "don't visit it" as often.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

jeffwarne

Re: Conversations with a golf course BH piece
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 12:42:18 PM »
Great stuff.
What cracks me up is that so many courses have put in "Black" tees, and then kept the "blue" tees that nearly all good players used to play.
In some cases the Blacks are on a way back tee and the blues go where they always were, on other holes, they simply put the Blacks where the former blues were, and moved the blues up.

Nobody but the few college bucks play the new Blacks, but many/most play the blues, which are actually now shorter than the former blues-except now they use modern equipment.
When I play there now I can reach par 5's in two I never could sniff 40 years ago in my younger prime.

So ironically, most of us play a shorter course than we did in our youth with hotter equipment. 
And of course the whites are far shorter than before plus senior tees etc.

Of course, I also remember when the posers used to play blades...... ;) ;D
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back