News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Hoak

Re: PGA to merge with LIV
« Reply #375 on: December 10, 2023, 08:30:55 PM »
John and Erik, you both make valid points.  But I have to say that professional golf is doing its best to cause me to lose interest.  It’s happened to me in other sports.  And I hate to see who will be the ultimate losers in all this, the charities who have relied on being the beneficiaries of the tournaments.  So, the players may win and make more money.  But the fans lose, the charities lose, the tournament volunteers lose. 
I will always love the game of my lifetime, and it won’t affect my regular games.  But I’m close to not caring to watch or follow the professional game.

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #376 on: December 10, 2023, 08:32:55 PM »
John's right in that any golf can be enjoyed no matter who's on the course. For the most static sport, a good broadcast can be enjoyable. I didn't know the LIV qualifier was on today or I'd have caught a bit of that during timeouts in the NFL game I was watching.

Sure, the majors are must-see TV. Always have been going back to the start of TV coverage. But as a kid, I'd watch the filmed "Challenge Golf" on ABC on Saturday and watch the replay again on Sunday. Golf endures, and will continue to.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #377 on: December 10, 2023, 09:08:31 PM »
John and Erik, you both make valid points.  But I have to say that professional golf is doing its best to cause me to lose interest.
Oh, I don't watch much anymore myself. Too many commercials, too much nonsense, too much putting… etc. It's almost impossible to watch anymore.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Pat Burke

« Reply #378 on: December 10, 2023, 09:32:39 PM »
John and Erik, you both make valid points.  But I have to say that professional golf is doing its best to cause me to lose interest.
Oh, I don't watch much anymore myself. Too many commercials, too much nonsense, too much putting… etc. It's almost impossible to watch anymore.

Same here.

When I read Rahm signed, I had to search for the golf channel on my YouTubetv. It had been so long since I watched it, I didn’t know where it was! :D

Dave Doxey

« Reply #379 on: December 11, 2023, 10:45:54 AM »

Same here.

When I read Rahm signed, I had to search for the golf channel on my YouTubetv. It had been so long since I watched it, I didn’t know where it was! :D

Same here also.

PGAT regular broadcasts are unwatchable as mentioned.  LIV at first was easy to find coverage on YouTube and LIV+, but they’ve managed to hide it now.

I watched majors to see the best golfers compete against one another.  It seems like even that is now gone.

JohnVDB

« Reply #380 on: December 11, 2023, 03:55:31 PM »
To me, most sports is background noise.  I have my TV on when I’m home and 90% of the time there is something sports related on. I’m usually doing something else then when something big happens I’ll watch the replay or even pay attention for a few minutes.

I’m really don’t root for anyone too much (well maybe the Dodgers :) )

Only the big games, races or majors really matter enough to keep my attention for long.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #381 on: December 16, 2023, 03:41:37 PM »
I don't know exactly how to interpret this, but it looks like the PGA Tour is seeking an alternate to merging with PIF? Which if true would likely end the cease fire? Thoughts?

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/pga-tour-nearing-investment-deal-with-strategic-sports-group-amid-ongoing-talks-with-saudi-pif-per-reports/

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #382 on: December 16, 2023, 04:55:18 PM »
   Cease fire? Not sure Rahm got the message. Bullets have only flown one way.

Kalen Braley

Niall C

« Reply #384 on: January 08, 2024, 11:20:28 AM »
Apparently Reed's appealing.

Niall

Charlie Goerges

Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

David Cronan

« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2024, 11:56:21 AM »
Larry Klayman representing Patrick Reed in a lawsuit for defamation of character.

This is like Alex Murdaugh representing Jeffrey Dahmer in a defamation lawsuit against Ms. Manners for saying he had bad table manners.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back