News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Mayhugh

Tepetonka - OCM destination club in Minnesota
« on: June 20, 2023, 01:57:27 PM »
Surprised we have had no real discussion of this project on here. Seems they had issues getting the land, but that has been resolved. Looks like much of the course will be on sand, but there are also some wetlands and a creek that will impact a handful of holes.

https://www.wctrib.com/news/local/tepetonka-club-tees-off-with-development-and-personnel-announcements-for-new-london-minnesota-golf-course

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikmatuszewski/2022/03/11/tepetonka-a-new-club-and-model-will-bring-private-destination-golf-to-minnesota/?sh=2e0c22ae6047

https://www.golfcoursearchitecture.net/content/new-ocm-course-at-tepetonka-to-enter-construction-later-this-year

https://www.ocm.golf/clients/tepetonka-minnesota/

Jim Nantz as short course consultant - not sure what to say about that.

Tom_Doak

Re: Tepetonka - OCM destination club in Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 02:17:47 PM »
As I keep saying, the only reason a developer would want to discuss a project before groundbreaking is if it was on thin ice and they are trying to attract interest and funding.  Otherwise, groundbreaking should generally be the first you hear about it.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 03:09:48 PM »
Best of luck to them.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what "Grading is planned on only one of the 18 holes" means?
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Buck Wolter

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 03:22:03 PM »
This got a lot of attention a couple years ago in Minneapolis then got very quiet -- a family squabble on the seller's side IIRC.
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2023, 03:23:39 PM »
Best of luck to them.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what "Grading is planned on only one of the 18 holes" means?

In simple terms, it means that they are doing some significant muck-shifting on one of the fairways.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2023, 03:36:14 PM »
Best of luck to them.

In simple terms, it means that they are doing some significant muck-shifting on one of the fairways.

And none anywhere else, or just none on any other fairway, but yes on greensites etc? I'm just trying to decipher what it means in the industry (I'm not in the industry).
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2023, 03:41:58 PM »
Best of luck to them.

And none anywhere else, or just none on any other fairway, but yes on greensites etc? I'm just trying to decipher what it means in the industry (I'm not in the industry).

Means that on the other holes, the shaping will be more local. Yes to green complexes, tee complexes, yes to a little bit of local fairway shaping, no to having to move a huge amount of earth out of the picture (or bring a huge amount in), no to having to redesign the macro-contour of the site to make one elevation tie in with another elevation.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2023, 03:48:06 PM »
Best of luck to them.

Means that on the other holes, the shaping will be more local. Yes to green complexes, tee complexes, yes to a little bit of local fairway shaping, no to having to move a huge amount of earth out of the picture (or bring a huge amount in), no to having to redesign the macro-contour of the site to make one elevation tie in with another elevation.

Thanks Ally, so basically a minimalist style, but not quite mow out 17 holes and some work on one. I was just trying to understand what was being claimed.

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 03:52:04 PM »
Best of luck to them.

Thanks Ally, so basically a minimalist style, but not quite mow out 17 holes and some work on one. I was just trying to understand what was being claimed.

Well what’s being claimed is a sales pitch for the naturalness of the site. I suspect the construction will be close to what I state (none will just be mown out) but there’s different levels of local shaping too. Some greens may require very little, some will require much more.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 03:57:55 PM »
Best of luck to them.

Well what’s being claimed is a sales pitch for the naturalness of the site. I suspect the construction will be close to what I state (none will just be mown out) but there’s different levels of local shaping too. Some greens may require very little, some will require much more.

Agree it was a sales pitch and was trying to understand what it meant and to get a feel for how industry folks would interpret the statement. It sounded like a statement meant to appeal to someone like me, but almost suspiciously so.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back