News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Schreiber

Re: Bring Back the Bench!
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2023, 10:01:18 AM »

Jason,

We're set to open the course for preview play in September (we're in Aiken, SC). Just holler if you want to come and visit and enjoy the benches.

Cheers,

Nick

Tim,

This thread prompted a pretty hearty discussion between Brian/Blake, John Lavelle, Chase Watson, and others on our team. The consensus was that a few strategically placed benches (e.g. 4, 9, 11, and the left tees on 14) that aren't eyesores or disturbances for the maintenance team would be good additions, particularly if we're promoting a walking culture.

As an aside, it's pretty amazing how often posts on this website have sparked conversations amongst our own team at Old Barnwell about our approach to things large and small.

Nick

It makes my day to find out a thread I posted here led to action somewhere in the real world.  I don’t know where Old Barnwell is but I hope to enjoy one of your benches some day.

Mike Hendren

Re: Bring Back the Bench!
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2023, 07:06:48 PM »

The 4th tee at the Veterans Administration Golf Course in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.  Taken the last day of operation in December, 2022.  Green fee:  $7.

You only THINK you know minimalism.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 07:10:18 PM by Mike Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back