News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Ronald Montesano

Re: Rochester and Oak Hill: A Winning Combo
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 08:26:40 PM »
His closing bit is so far from the truth, it is sad. "fading, even faded."

I'm in Buffalo, an hour to the west. Rochester eliminated a Robert Moses-style freeway downtown, making way for growth and rebirth. True that Kodak is long gone, but they held the patent for digital photography and passed. Good riddance to backward thinkers like them!!

Rochester is booming and banging, and has un farking believable craft beer, and this list of stud private clubs:

Oak Hill East
Oak Hill West
Locust Hill
Irondequoit
CCRochester
Mendon
Monroe

Rochester is coming back, in a Rochester way. Clearly, John Hopkins whiffed on his final swing.

I was thrilled to hear just one voice yell "Bah Bah Booey," as if he had somehow been awakened from a RVW slumber of 10 years, thinking he was still in 2013. The PGA was marvelous and, as I wrote in one article, gave the golf world all four western New York seasons in one weekend.

And we gave you Michael "Ace" Block, my friends. You are soooooooo welcome.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

archie_struthers

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 09:23:19 PM »
 8)

Seconded, Oak Hill did it proud

Rob Marshall

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 10:32:30 PM »
His closing bit is so far from the truth, it is sad. "fading, even faded."

I'm in Buffalo, an hour to the west. Rochester eliminated a Robert Moses-style freeway downtown, making way for growth and rebirth. True that Kodak is long gone, but they held the patent for digital photography and passed. Good riddance to backward thinkers like them!!

Rochester is booming and banging, and has un farking believable craft beer, and this list of stud private clubs:

Oak Hill East
Oak Hill West
Locust Hill
Irondequoit
CCRochester
Mendon
Monroe

Rochester is coming back, in a Rochester way. Clearly, John Hopkins whiffed on his final swing.

I was thrilled to hear just one voice yell "Bah Bah Booey," as if he had somehow been awakened from a RVW slumber of 10 years, thinking he was still in 2013. The PGA was marvelous and, as I wrote in one article, gave the golf world all four western New York seasons in one weekend.

And we gave you Michael "Ace" Block, my friends. You are soooooooo welcome.

Mendon and locust?
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 10:08:45 AM »

+1 Also, Excellent institutions of higher learning with U of R, RIT and others; Great Medical Facilities; a really fun Minor league ball park; and great BBQ. With climate change even the winter weather hasn't been too bad for a number of years. Somehow the snow storms and harshest weather seem to stop after they hit Buffalo and before they reach Rochester. 

Note- I don't live there.

John Foley

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 07:29:17 PM »
I'll do a little pimpin' for the home team and Oak Hill. What an event, what a crowd turn out and what an unbelievable job Andrew did with the upgrade.

The prep for the event was fantastic. All we kept hearing from the pundits is Rochester in May, wonder how much snow they'll get and how deep the ice on the lakes will be. The course was prepared to perfect extent and truly identified the best player last week. Lots has been said about the course and not sure I can add anything more but in the end Oak Hill proved that it is a championship test for the best.

We are truly blessed w/ an abundance of great golf in the area. On the private side you have:

Oak Hill East
Oak Hill West
Monroe
CC of Roch
Brook Lea
Irondequoit
Midvale
Wayne Hills (What a sleeper!!)

And on the public side (don't even get me started about what happened to Bristol Harbor):

Greystone
Ravenwood
Mill Creek

There are others, but those alone for the Greater Rochester Area of 1M is a great group.
Integrity in the moment of choice

Rob Marshall

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 08:01:46 PM »
I'll do a little pimpin' for the home team and Oak Hill. What an event, what a crowd turn out and what an unbelievable job Andrew did with the upgrade.

The prep for the event was fantastic. All we kept hearing from the pundits is Rochester in May, wonder how much snow they'll get and how deep the ice on the lakes will be. The course was prepared to perfect extent and truly identified the best player last week. Lots has been said about the course and not sure I can add anything more but in the end Oak Hill proved that it is a championship test for the best.

We are truly blessed w/ an abundance of great golf in the area. On the private side you have:

Oak Hill East
Oak Hill West
Monroe
CC of Roch
Brook Lea
Irondequoit
Midvale
Wayne Hills (What a sleeper!!)

And on the public side (don't even get me started about what happened to Bristol Harbor):

Greystone
Ravenwood
Mill Creek

There are others, but those alone for the Greater Rochester Area of 1M is a great group.

You need to see Penfield CC. Ian Andrew did a great renovation. It’s a sleeper. He’s also wrapping up a renovation at Midvale.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back