News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rick Sides

OT - range finder
« on: May 21, 2023, 11:45:53 AM »
Can anyone suggestion a good range finder that won’t be the cost of a monthly payment for a Range Rover ?

Erik J. Barzeski

Re: OT - range finder
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 11:47:46 AM »
With a sliding scale, you get what you pay for.

I'd avoid Precision Pro. My daughter used them… and had to get hers replaced like three times. It kept failing. New physical rangefinders each time, too - so they weren't just sending hers back to her.

https://www.blueteesgolf.com/

I have one of those. Rechargeable battery is nice. Display is clear.

I use it as a backup. I use a Bushnell (or previously, a Leupold).
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Jim Tang

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 12:07:11 PM »
I love my Bushnell V5 rangefinder.  That's last year's model but it's been great for me.  It's super fast.  It vibrates when you lock on to the pin.  I've had zero issues with it picking up background objects like trees instead of the flag.  You can get it for $250 right now at the PGA Superstore.

Rick Sides

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2023, 12:58:43 PM »
Jim do you have the one with slope ?

Tim Martin

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 02:20:44 PM »
I went from no tech help until a few years ago when I got a Golf Buddy that I keep in my pocket and am now ready to go to a laser for increased accuracy. I have a knack for losing headcovers and umbrellas and have always thought the rangefinder would suffer the same fate. I know guys that will have a watch in addition to the rangefinder for blind shots which I guess if you don’t want to leave anything to chance would give you the greatest advantage.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 03:04:00 PM by Tim Martin »

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 02:55:55 PM »
On the tee I throw down my wallet next to my rangefinder. I am currently less likely to forget two things. Kinda like putting a putter cover next to your wedge.

Peter Flory

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 11:04:21 PM »
I hate buying range finders.  But I hate not having one slightly more. 

JohnVDB

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 10:55:11 AM »
I have got TGW’s basic version for $129.99.  I have two because I have one in Scotland and 1 in the USA.  I liked the first one enough to but another.  Only complaint is that they do go through batteries fairly quickly ( usually one a year) so I keep a spare battery in my bag.

Here is the link: [size=78%]https://www.tgw.com/p/tgw-players-slope-rangefinder-with-pin-validation[/size]

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back