News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Martin Toal

Golf retail in Tokyo
« on: May 30, 2023, 05:50:41 PM »
Following on from the thread on golf in Asia, I will be going to Japan this summer. Not planning to play golf for reasons described in the golf in Asia thread, but may do a little retail therapy.

Any recommendations on good places to go in Tokyo, Osaka or Kyoto to get some nice shiny kit? Putters and wedges always a temptation.

Cal Carlisle

Re: Golf retail in Tokyo
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 07:00:51 PM »
The biggest place is Victoria Golf Shinjuku. The store has something like 8 or 9 floors. It is packed full of stuff. Lots of Japanese inventory that you probably won't find in the US. From an equipment standpoint, they pretty much carry everything. Not really sure about unique clubs. I didn't really look because I didn't want to have to get it back home. Since I'm 6'2" the clothes they sell rarely fit me. If you're under 6' you probably have better luck.

A spot I really like is The Hickory Golf Store in Shibuya. Lots of neat stuff, but it's not exactly cheap.

Mizuno and Honma have flagship stores around Tokyo, but I've never been.

Brian Walshe

Re: Golf retail in Tokyo
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 07:18:59 PM »
Don't bother if you are a lefty.  I have wandered around a couple of the larger stores in Tokyo and there were zero left handed clubs.  I was in Seoul a couple of weeks back and visited 3 or 4 stores and found exactly one left handed club, a TM Spider putter.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back