News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Buck Wolter

Golf near Hanoi
« on: May 01, 2023, 10:21:33 PM »
Going to Asia this summer for the first time since the pandemic and going to Vietnam for the first time ever. I will be spending a weekend in Hanoi and was wondering if there's anything worth seeking out within a reasonable distance?
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Charles Lund

Re: Golf near Hanoi
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 04:49:54 AM »
www. golfasian.com is a website for a golf tour company that covers Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia.  They set up a golf tour in Danang I did several years ago.  The website would have courses in the Hanoi area with narrative summaries and some photos.  Quite a few new courses have opened in the past few years. 

Charles Lund

Charles Lund

Buck Wolter

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 09:14:28 AM »
Thanks Charles.

Samson Links looks the most interesting but 170KM is probably more than I want to travel.

Buck
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Charles Lund

Re: Golf near Hanoi New
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 10:27:04 AM »
That's one of the issues with golf travel in Asia.  I've been to Danang once with Golf Asian and twice to Thailand with Golf Asian.  I also did a trip to Chiang Mai and got a local driver who did a day tour around the area and took me to play two different courses.

Golf Asian is reputable and reliable.  They arrange lodging and airport pickup.  I recently asked if they could arrange tee times in Singapore and they only do packages.  I have a hotel there I like and have it booked already. They don't provide tee time only service.

I've played in Hong Kong quite a bit and have used public transportation there for the most part.  On Hainan Island about ten years ago, Mission Hills arranged airport pickup and booked four rounds at that complex.

Golf in Japan is logistically difficult and mostly not workable for a solo traveler.

I have rented cars in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Scotland, England, and Western Europe.  I have not rented a car in Asia.

I liked my time in Vietnam but only went to Danang and had two days of a tour by van with two other golfers in areas around Danang,  Hue, and Hoi An.  I didn't participate in the all expense paid trip courtesy of my government as a young man, but grew up in the era when Vietnam was on the nightly news.

Charles Lund 

« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 12:58:47 AM by Charles Lund »

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 12:43:41 PM »
I don't know how many days you have in Hanoi but we loved it and 3 days were not enough.

Fascinating country, you will be made most welcome.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back