News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Worth

Re: OT-Scotland Travel
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2023, 02:33:23 PM »
The only other thing I would suggest is buying an apple AirTag. It will at least give you the comfort of knowing exactly where your luggage is

On my 38 day trip to Europe and Scotland and Ireland last year I ended up taking six airplanes (includes layovers), including a KC-135 from Mildenhall to McGuire.

Admittedly, I was traveling a little bit off-season late August through early October, but seeing the AirTag every time I landed made me feel good

David_Tepper

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2023, 02:05:15 AM »
Ben S. -

To clarify, all I am saying is the odds of you making your connection in Frankfurt (say 90%) are greater than your clubs making the connection (say 70%). I am not predicting your clubs will be lost/delayed.

If need be I am quite sure you will be able to rent a set of clubs at Nairn or wherever you are playing for the first day or two.

Good luck.

DT

JohnVDB

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2023, 01:34:04 PM »
David:      How close to Dornoch can you get by train?   Is it a train to Tain (mainly in the rain) and then bus or Taxi, Uber etc to Dornoch ?

Train to Tain, the. Bus or taxi to Dornoch. You could also get the bus from Inverness directly to Dornoch. The bus station is right next to the train station.  Might work better for a connection.

I’ve always rented a car since I’m in Dornoch for long periods and getting around from Dornoch is not easy without one. I never get the insurance either as I use my AMEX Platinum card. It’s not cheap but I like the flexibility.

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2023, 08:12:41 PM »

This is the advice I was afraid of. United have me the ancillary option of flying direct to London and then I could take train up. Extra money and time but likely I would get clubs.

Since your first round is at Nairn, have you considered flying to Heathrow and then connecting to Inverness? I've done that a couple times and haven't missed a connection or clubs, but it was with British Air

JohnVDB

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2023, 09:08:33 PM »
I fly that route that every time I come over.  Another choice is KLM into Amsterdam and then to Inverness.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2023, 09:31:45 PM »
Mistaken post.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 09:33:30 PM by Garland Bayley »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back