News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Cohn

There's a lot of intrigue with this project. Here's today's press release featuring RTJII. And a fairly recent article about the lawsuits, intrigue, etc.

JLahrman

Re: Corica Park North update....maybe they'll finish it this time?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 02:29:57 PM »
It's been at least 10 years since I played either of the courses, and I didn't play them that many times - I still get the holes from the courses mixed up in my mind. But I have been wondering about the dynamic between the renovated and non-renovated courses has played out over the past 5 or so years. Are golfers favoring one vs. the other? The courses are very close to each other - what is the visual impact of one course having been renovated?

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 03:53:10 PM »
There is currently the fully renovated south course, nine holes open on the renovated north course, and nine other north holes that were almost fully shaped and have sat untouched for about two years and are now covered with weeds.

There’s a very particular style to the completed holes on the north: quite short, extreme undulation, and a small number of bunkers but they’re all revetted faces with artificial turf. We’ll see if RTJII keeps that style or changes things.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 03:54:57 PM by Matt_Cohn »

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 05:47:56 PM »
Shows that when you have an owner who doesn't know anything about golf things get messed up.  He got enamored with RTJ Jr or sold a bill of goods.

They already have a routing with 9 holes completed and opened. At least one green on the other 9 is built and ready and numerous other holes are partially shaped.  They didn't need an architect, they needed Landscapes Unlimited or Wadsworth to come in and finish the course.

Matt Schoolfield

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 07:33:02 PM »
I absolutely love the current Corica North Course that is opened.

I like it so much that when I finished it the first time I played, but since my garmin didn’t work and there was no guide, I rushed home and mapped the whole thing immediately.

The idea that it’s walking only right now, so you can basically just walk on any day of the week is pretty nuts.

I don’t know the details of how it’s moving forward, but I hope they finish the back within the current architectural themes. I’m a Marc Logan fan after playing it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 08:39:06 PM by Matt Schoolfield »
Building an encyclopedia of golf courses that anyone can edit: Golf Course Wiki
Some strong opinions on golf: Wigs on the Green
I really think golf culture should be more like beer culture than wine culture

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2023, 01:43:00 PM »

Kevin_Reilly

"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Kalen Braley

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2023, 04:56:18 PM »
Looks like Google Maps has a recent aerial as well.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7430043,-122.2350949,874m/data=!3m1!1e3

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2023, 06:05:14 PM »
Shows that when you have an owner who doesn't know anything about golf things get messed up.  He got enamored with RTJ Jr or sold a bill of goods.

They already have a routing with 9 holes completed and opened. At least one green on the other 9 is built and ready and numerous other holes are partially shaped.  They didn't need an architect, they needed Landscapes Unlimited or Wadsworth to come in and finish the course.
Joel,

You just don’t get it. The owner hired the preeminent golf architecture firm in the world. It says it right in the press release.
Tim Weiman

Matt Schoolfield

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2023, 08:32:47 PM »
I rushed home and mapped the whole thing immediately.

How did you do this?!

https://golfcourse.wiki/how_to

Before I get bodied for self-promotion, yea, it’s a hobby site right now. If you want any help learning Inkscape, DM me (seriously). Mapping courses with vectors is easy and fun, and a lot of munis could probably benefit from the volunteer labor.
Building an encyclopedia of golf courses that anyone can edit: Golf Course Wiki
Some strong opinions on golf: Wigs on the Green
I really think golf culture should be more like beer culture than wine culture

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back