News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jake McCarty

Re: Red Feather Golf and Social Club New
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2023, 01:30:45 PM »
Jake,

I live in Minnesota.  But I graduated from Texas Tech in 1999 and teamed up with Brad.  He is a great guy and it's awesome to see him continuing to add value in Lubbock.  I agree with you, it would be hard to find nicer people than what can be found in Lubbock.

For the GCA Geeks (I'm also one), I'll add one thing regarding golf in West Texas that I think is somewhat unique in the US.  There aren't many places in the US where the ball bounces consistently throughout the year which turns the game into a point A to point B game.  This is one of the reasons many of us have traveled across the pond to experience the bouncy, linksy, treeless, thrilling style of golf.

I've played a lot of West Texas golf and the two things I really miss - 1. All the fun bounces 2. wedge game

Assuming Red Feather has this same bounciness, it looks like it has a ton of opportunity to be unique architecturally and a style that many of us seek.

Hope to meet you sometime when I can get back to Lubbock.  It's been a long time.

Shane

That's really neat.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:42:14 PM by Jake McCarty »

Jake McCarty

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2023, 09:42:57 PM »
Sod being laid.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:41:57 PM by Jake McCarty »

astavrides

Re: Red Feather Golf and Social Club
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2023, 09:59:30 AM »
Is there a target opening day?

Jake McCarty

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2023, 07:01:38 PM »
Is there a target opening day?

I am not sure.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:41:42 PM by Jake McCarty »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back