News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jake McCarty

Red Feather Golf and Social Club New
« on: April 24, 2023, 10:15:45 AM »
Red Feather, a new King-Collins Design is slated to open in 2023.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:39:37 PM by Jake McCarty »

David_Tepper

Re: Red Feather Golf and Social Club
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 11:04:24 AM »

Buck Wolter

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 11:14:57 AM »

Jake-
It's been fun to watch the progress through The West Texas Driving Range Pro's IG. He's got a unique persona which I assume will be part of that club vibe. I'm still not exactly sure what a Piss Missile is but I think it's a good shot.

From what I can see it looks like the negative of a Landmand where KC had to move earth to make the existing terrain fit together and here they had to create canyons for the flood control which then gave the material to create landforms.

Did the triple green from the original routing make it to the end?

Buck

Edit --Made Fonts bigger
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 02:23:54 PM by Buck Wolter »
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Jake McCarty

Re: Red Feather Golf and Social Club New
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 11:35:48 AM »

Jake-
It's been fun to watch the progress through The West Texas Driving Range Pro's IG. He's got a unique persona which I assume will be part of that club vibe. I'm still not exactly sure what a Piss Missile is but I think it's a good shot.

From what I can see it looks like the negative of a Landmand where KC had to move earth to make the existing terrain fit together and here they had to create canyons for the flood control which then gave the material to create landforms.

Buck

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:39:58 PM by Jake McCarty »

David Wuthrich

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 01:17:50 PM »
Exciting!!

Jake McCarty

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2023, 03:24:02 PM »

Jake-

Buck

Edit --Made Fonts bigger

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:40:15 PM by Jake McCarty »

Ira Fishman

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2023, 04:30:10 PM »
Jake,

The layout looks very cool. In your posts though, you have referenced it against a dozen or so of the best courses in the world. If it really is that good, terrific. But color me a bit skeptical.

Ira
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 06:50:03 PM by Ira Fishman »

Jake McCarty

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2023, 04:53:06 PM »
Good point!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:40:29 PM by Jake McCarty »

Ira Fishman

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2023, 06:37:28 PM »
Jake,

Makes sense.

Thanks.

Ira (Mr. Fishman makes me sound even older than I am).

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2023, 10:04:52 PM »
The way I read that opening post, was that a savvy marketing agent stayed up late to write a hook.

Convince me that I'm wrong, please.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Jake McCarty

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2023, 11:02:39 PM »
Very good point.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:40:40 PM by Jake McCarty »

Michael Chadwick

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2023, 12:19:10 AM »
Jake, appreciate your enthusiasm, thanks for posting. You made me take another look at the course, and though I initially mistook the property as a "flat" site, it didn't take long to get a better appreciation for how the holes actually appear to be routed above deeply excised landforms. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Instagram: mj_c_golf

Craig Sweet

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2023, 12:26:39 AM »
The photos make it look like an old gravel pit...
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tim Leahy

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2023, 03:44:31 AM »
Sounds like an opportunity for a Texas GCA tournament when it opens. Why not show off a future great course to some knowledgeable  posters who can compare it to some of the great courses and designers we discuss here daily? ;D
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Jake McCarty

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2023, 08:10:17 AM »
Noted.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:40:53 PM by Jake McCarty »

Jake McCarty

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2023, 08:15:30 AM »
Jake, appreciate your enthusiasm, thanks for posting. You made me take another look at the course, and though I initially mistook the property as a "flat" site, it didn't take long to get a better appreciation for how the holes actually appear to be routed above deeply excised landforms. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:41:07 PM by Jake McCarty »

Jake McCarty

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2023, 08:43:05 PM »
Sounds like an opportunity for a Texas GCA tournament when it opens. Why not show off a future great course to some knowledgeable  posters who can compare it to some of the great courses and designers we discuss here daily? ;D

Happy to host those who are happy, considerate,  classy and fun.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 08:52:05 PM by Jake McCarty »

Buck Wolter

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2023, 11:55:38 AM »

Jake-

Buck

Certainly, true. JJ is a good buddy of mine and we spend a lot of time together. His personality is larger than life; he's extremely bright (e.g. got into Rice U), knows GCA far better than me and his charisma and humor are off the charts. He's played everywhere and literally remembers every shot.

Piss Missle means bomb off the tee. Any direction counts.

BTW my wife is concerned how much I wear my Red Feather hoodie
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Jason Topp

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2023, 12:16:26 PM »
Best wishes Jake.  Looks like a terrific concept.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2023, 01:02:04 PM »

Happy to host those who are happy, considerate,  classy and fun.

Yeah, good luck finding those around here!  ;D
Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jake McCarty

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2023, 03:19:40 PM »

Jake-

Buck

Certainly, true. JJ is a good buddy of mine and we spend a lot of time together. His personality is larger than life; he's extremely bright (e.g. got into Rice U), knows GCA far better than me and his charisma and humor are off the charts. He's played everywhere and literally remembers every shot.

Piss Missle means bomb off the tee. Any direction counts.

BTW my wife is concerned how much I wear my Red Feather hoodie

#nails. :)

mike_beene

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2023, 07:14:49 PM »
I am advised you lost me at “fun.”But what does Elizabeth know….

Peter Flory

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2023, 01:32:24 AM »
I'm intrigued and would like to see it in person.  It really doesn't look similar to anything else, which I'd say is a good thing.  It's very hard to tell what is happening in the photos of it for some reason- maybe the deep ponds and the interconnected layout. 

Jake McCarty

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2023, 02:24:03 AM »
I'm intrigued and would like to see it in person.  It really doesn't look similar to anything else, which I'd say is a good thing.  It's very hard to tell what is happening in the photos of it for some reason- maybe the deep ponds and the interconnected layout.

I too think it's difficult to decipher from the photos.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:42:55 PM by Jake McCarty »

Shane Wright

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2023, 09:28:18 AM »
Jake,

I live in Minnesota.  But I graduated from Texas Tech in 1999 and teamed up with Brad.  He is a great guy and it's awesome to see him continuing to add value in Lubbock.  I agree with you, it would be hard to find nicer people than what can be found in Lubbock.

For the GCA Geeks (I'm also one), I'll add one thing regarding golf in West Texas that I think is somewhat unique in the US.  There aren't many places in the US where the ball bounces consistently throughout the year which turns the game into a point A to point B game.  This is one of the reasons many of us have traveled across the pond to experience the bouncy, linksy, treeless, thrilling style of golf.

I've played a lot of West Texas golf and the two things I really miss - 1. All the fun bounces 2. wedge game

Assuming Red Feather has this same bounciness, it looks like it has a ton of opportunity to be unique architecturally and a style that many of us seek.

Hope to meet you sometime when I can get back to Lubbock.  It's been a long time.

Shane

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back