News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

OT - Why Golf Is Great
« on: April 20, 2023, 09:27:49 PM »
The Other Senior Tour just returned from its 26th annual trip.  One member was then surprised with a private jet to Pine Valley.  He aced the 3rd on his 64th birthday.  His other two aces were on his 35th and 55th birthdays.  Golf is the greatest game of all.

Bogey
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 09:33:35 PM by Mike Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tim_Weiman

Re: OT - Why Golf Is Great
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 11:19:56 PM »
The Other Senior Tour just returned from its 26th annual trip.  One member was then surprised with a private jet to Pine Valley.  He aced the 3rd on his 64th birthday.  His other two aces were on his 35th and 55th birthdays.  Golf is the greatest game of all.

Bogey

That’s pretty special!
Tim Weiman

Rob Marshall

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 08:33:14 AM »
I holed a wedge shot from the area in the fairway I had spread a pill bottle full of my fathers ashes. After pulling the ball from the hole I realized it was fathers day.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Tim Martin

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 08:45:25 AM »
I can’t match Mike’s original post which is pretty incredible. That said I took a trip down to the Jersey Shore this past February and had an ace on my 65th birthday at Tillinghast’s Suneagles GC. My wife’s comment was make sure you buy a lottery ticket. :)

John Kirk

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023, 12:16:59 PM »

Bogey

I can’t match Mike’s original post which is pretty incredible. That said I took a trip down to the Jersey Shore this past February and had an ace on my 65th birthday at Tillinghast’s Suneagles GC. My wife’s comment was make sure you buy a lottery ticket. :)

Wow!  Congratulations.  Memories to savor for life.

John Blain

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 10:36:27 AM »
I holed a wedge shot from the area in the fairway I had spread a pill bottle full of my fathers ashes. After pulling the ball from the hole I realized it was fathers day.
[/quote
Rob-
I got chills reading that....pretty cool story.

John Kirk

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2023, 03:17:35 PM »
Hi Rob,

I was so focused on the other two posts that I overlooked your great experience.  That's wonderful.

Max Prokopy

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 04:12:19 PM »
Thank you for sharing these stories.  It's a terrific reminder of the many reasons I love the game I love.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2023, 04:35:50 PM »
My Mom and Dad lived in Muskegon, Michigan. Dad was a Lutheran pastor. My son wanted him to baptize his firstborn. His family drove from Minnesota, and my wife and I drove from MD for the special day. Dad had turned 92 and was not doing well. After the baptism, Dad said he wanted to play golf one more time. I didn't think he could pull it off, so I suggested that we just go hit some balls. Dad didn't belong anywhere, so I called Muskegon CC and asked if we could use the practice tee. No problem. Three months later, Dad died. For my son and me it is a special memory.

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/color]
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Gene Greco

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2023, 12:18:54 AM »

I took pause here for a few moments..
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Rob Marshall

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2023, 03:25:45 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys. My wife posted it on facebook and my aunt told me when she read it she cried. It was pretty surreal.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2023, 04:06:20 PM »
   You had me at “private jet to Pine Valley.”
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 04:07:56 PM by Jim_Coleman »

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2023, 05:51:51 PM »
   You had me at “private jet to Pine Valley.”

No one cares about your PJ’s.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back