News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Trout National
« on: March 27, 2023, 12:17:18 PM »
Looks like Kilgore Trout is teaming with Tiger Woods to build a New Jersey golf club.

It might also be Mike Trout.

Who is Tiger's lead architect?
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Trout National
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 12:37:16 PM »
According to the press release, the golf course is being built on a sandy site that was once home to a silica sand mine and is surrounded by forest and farmland. It is about 45 minutes south of Philadelphia. In addition to the 18-hole championship course, Trout National will include a practice range, short-game area, clubhouse, restaurant, lodging and a wedding chapel.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2023/03/27/mike-trout-golf-course-tiger-woods-trout-national-the-reserve

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

archie_struthers

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 01:37:57 PM »
 ::)

My sources say that Mike Trout and a very successful local businessman are partnering in a venture in southeast Vineland NJ called Silica Sands >  construction is well under way and it appears to be geared for a very exclusive national clientele.

You can read about it by searching Silica Sands online.  Pretty sure Jack Nicklaus lV is the architect in charge. Haven't heard Tiger mentioned at all

Chris Roselle

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 01:40:56 PM »
Here is what it looks like on Google Earth: https://goo.gl/maps/Bg2QJDRJRtZvuAzQ8

archie_struthers

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 02:15:39 PM »
 8)

LOL,  just got a salvo from some locals who read the SI article and Trout's comments per same.  Sometimes you wonder as the course is well under way so I don't see how Tiger is designing it . I know for a fact that Jackie Nicklaus has been there a bunch of times and thought he had started the project , I know it's well along in the process. Guess only the "Shadow "knows the truth

Steve Lapper

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 02:42:46 PM »

My sources say that Mike Trout and a very successful local businessman are partnering in a venture in southeast Vineland NJ called Silica Sands >  construction is well under way and it appears to be geared for a very exclusive national clientele.

You can read about it by searching Silica Sands online.  Pretty sure Jack Nicklaus lV is the architect in charge. Haven't heard Tiger mentioned at all

This club has been in the works for quite a while. Not too much elevation, but great sandy soils...suitable both for concrete and golf courses.

Construction started in late 2021, yet had to stop temporarily as some of the original property was carved out for a parcel later sold for commercial development. Jack's messy business-related legal divorce caused the owner's to swap him out for Beau Welling and TGR Design. The club will be a very high-end private with plenty of family-related non-golf activities. They've picked the best course and clubhouse constructions firms and have fantastic plans. Given its proximity to Philly, and the NY-DC corridor, it should be very popular for those who want a semi-local destination. I look forward to visiting the site later this summer.

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Rick Sides

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2023, 06:13:25 AM »
Looks like a nice site ! A guy a few years back named Crump found an old sand quarry in south Jersey and did alright with that course  ;)  . Also this will be private course . Curious of initiation fees and dues

Scott Weersing

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2023, 09:31:45 AM »

This club has been in the works for quite a while. Not too much elevation, but great sandy soils...suitable both for concrete and golf courses.

Construction started in late 2021, yet had to stop temporarily as some of the original property was carved out for a parcel later sold for commercial development. Jack's messy business-related legal divorce caused the owner's to swap him out for Beau Welling and TGR Design. The club will be a very high-end private with plenty of family-related non-golf activities. They've picked the best course and clubhouse constructions firms and have fantastic plans. Given its proximity to Philly, and the NY-DC corridor, it should be very popular for those who want a semi-local destination. I look forward to visiting the site later this summer.

So do you think that they already have the permits and Army Corp of Engineer approval?

And is Mike Trout putting up the money or just lending his name to the course?

Steve Lapper

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2023, 11:04:15 AM »

So do you think that they already have the permits and Army Corp of Engineer approval?

And is Mike Trout putting up the money or just lending his name to the course?

Yes, they have most, if not all the needed permits. Course construction has begun.

Yes, I'm told he's putting in $$$, yet his partner, John Ruga (with a very successful concrete business) is also a major funding partner.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 11:20:38 AM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Bruce Katona

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2023, 01:10:00 PM »
Slapper:

Mrs. K sent me the SI blurb the other day and asked if I knew anything about it or had an opinion.  Didn't really know much and I shared my opinion of the idea with her.

If anyone on here would know, it'd be either Archie or you.

BK

Kalen Braley

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2023, 03:26:31 PM »
In other Tiger related news, looks like the PGA tour will be playing at his course in Cabo this fall.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/35981299/pga-tour-fall-event-moves-mayakoba-el-cardonal

Steve Lapper

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2023, 03:34:47 PM »
In other Tiger related news, looks like the PGA tour will be playing at his course in Cabo this fall.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/35981299/pga-tour-fall-event-moves-mayakoba-el-cardonal

That's sad. El Cardonal is just okay, yet Diamante Dunes (next door and part of same property) is a soooo much better course.

archie_struthers

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2023, 05:40:59 PM »
 8)

This keeps getting better !  Got a call from a shaper friend of mine who is quite good (Casey Fraser).   He was asking if I knew Tiger 🐅 (I don’t )

Then I got a call from a buddy who says they are playing nine holes there tomorrow. Now that’s news to me !  ….going to have to make the 35-40 mi driveto Vineland myself 🤓 and get the real skinny
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 05:44:07 PM by archie_struthers »

Rick Sides

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2023, 05:44:35 PM »
Archie hit me up if you’re going to go for a visit . I’m a south Jersey guy !

Kalen Braley

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2023, 06:08:35 PM »

MCirba

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2023, 08:43:20 AM »
Trout National just another reason for Tiger Woods to spend more time in the City of Brotherly Love.

https://cobbscreek.org/learning-engagement/
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

archie_struthers

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2023, 09:11:34 AM »
 ??? ??? ???

Something a little strange about a place called "Trout National"  ....Silica Sands fit the bill so nicely

Everything I've ever heard about Mike Trout is that he is a regular guy , a good dude. Humble yet incredibly talented athlete from a small town near me , Millville NJ. That the Phillies missed him still sets most of us off. Comes home every year to hang with his longtime friends. Married still to his high school sweetheart. Eats prodigious amounts of food at Jim's Lunch since he was a kid, still does.

Golf bug got him , used to play first off at Running Deer (Ed Carmen) near his hometown in the summer. Hit it prodigious distances (go figure)  ;D    Still see as hunting or fishing more than golfing .

So putting his name on a "national golf course" just seemed weird to me. But again would have to know him to understand why he would do it, certainly doesn't seem driven by money and fame.  Time will tell but wish them all the best and will continue to report back on the course as it proceeds!

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2023, 06:01:11 PM »
Trout National reveals routing for new TGR Design courseThe club is a venture by 10-time Major League Baseball All-Star Mike Trout and New Jersey business owners John and Lorie Ruga.
The 7,455-yard course is being built on a site that was previously a silica sand mine, and TGR Design’s routing reveals large sandy waste areas throughout the routing, notably at holes two, three, four and twelve.
“Mike and John found a site with a lot of character to make some outstanding golf holes,” said Woods. “The sandy and diverse terrain has so many great natural features that have given us a lot of options on how to create a world-class golf course.”
Ruga said: “The land that is home to Trout National – The Reserve has great history here in the city of Vineland. Tiger and his team were able to incorporate the history and let the land shine through in this championship golf course. It will truly be a memorable experience on the course.”
Wide fairways offering multiple routes from tee to green, notably at the par-five second, par-four tenth and par-five eighteenth. Greens are large and undulating with low-cut surrounds that transition into the teeing area for the following hole. Water comes into play at the par-three eighth, the 525-yard tenth and 585-yard eighteenth
Take a look and Read More:

https://www.golfcoursearchitecture.net/content/trout-national-reveals-routing-for-new-tgr-design-course
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back