News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Challenger

Tim Martin

Re: Bulldog! Bulldog!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 03:47:42 PM »
The City of New Haven and Yale University have acted as both foes and allies over an extended period of time depending on the issue. It will be interesting to see the way this plays out and how long if at all the project is stalled as a result.

Bruce Katona

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 05:19:29 PM »
The sky is falling!!!! Those Big Bad Bulldogs are cutting down trees ON THEIR OWN PROPERTY to assist with overall storm water management, turf health & course playability.

I always like to ask these NIMBY's and lookie-loos if they ever went to the Town/Township/City/County to get a permit to remove or trim a tree on their own property.  The usual answer is: "I need a permit to cut down a tree on MY PROPERTY that I pay taxes on"?

John Challenger

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 11:18:56 PM »
Hope the community recognizes the value of their rare and historic jewel of a golf course. How fortunate to possess a golf course of such exceptional character. Its creators hoped that future generations would properly cultivate the course and not allow trees to block the playing corridors. Let's hope they don't squander the treasure that was left to them by their predecessors, or think of the property as a forest parkland that happens to have a golf course of relatively trivial importance at its center.

Paul Rudovsky

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 11:29:46 PM »
Perfect last name for the first person quoted in the article: "Marx"  ;D

MCirba

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 09:12:32 AM »
Why am I having Deja Vu?

"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Tim Martin

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023, 12:46:52 PM »
The residents do not see the golf course as a shrine. That’s the problem.

MCirba

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023, 12:49:05 PM »
The residents do not see the golf course as a shrine. That’s the problem.

Yep.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Mike Hendren

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 05:54:15 PM »
Pardon the OT but I attempted to sneak into the Yale Bowl after golf without success a few years ago.   Is it still in use and has the university exercised better stewardship of it than the golf course?  Are both not iconic?

Bogey

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tim Martin

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 06:40:28 PM »
Pardon the OT but I attempted to sneak into the Yale Bowl after golf without success a few years ago.   Is it still in use and has the university exercised better stewardship of it than the golf course?  Are both not iconic?

Bogey

Mike-It’s still in use and underwent a major renovation which was completed in 2017.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back