News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Lawsonia Woodlands?
« on: December 01, 2023, 10:11:14 AM »
Links is a top 10 favorite of mine.  For a group however would you play Woodlands once in four rounds.  I understand they’ve done some work on it.

Thanks.
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jason Topp

Re: Lawsonia Woodlands?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 02:20:23 PM »
Bogey:

I have never been tempted to play it.  It may be a fine golf course but with such a great one next door I take all the repeat plays I can get. 

Peter Flory

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 06:49:33 PM »
I would also just keep replaying the Links course forever.  However, the Woodlands is greatly improved and it can be a pleasant round of golf... it's just that it's hard to beat the Links.

On the woodlands, they have opened it up quite a bit and they've gotten rid of a lot of unnecessary bunkering around the greens.  Now there is a lot of tight grass and it's done well.  But in my opinion, it's greatest attribute is that it soaks up play from people who are indifferent to architecture or who actually prefer it. 

Joe Zucker

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 01:21:14 PM »
Playing the GCA game of a 10 round split, I think the right share is 9-1 in favor of the links.  As others have said, the Woodlands is not bad at all! But it's nothing compared to the links.  It's worth a round if you want some variety, nothing really beyond that.  Once in a 4 four round trip wouldn't offend me.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2023, 06:56:59 PM »
Thanks gents.  I'm the only archie in my group so I think they'd enjoy a little diversity in four rounds.  Me?  I'd go 4-0 also.
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

PCCraig

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2023, 07:03:35 PM »
Never, EVER, play the Woodlands. You'll hate yourself for it.

The crazy thing is that when I first started going to Lawsonia the Woodlands was the far more popular course and almost no one played the links in comparison.
H.P.S.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back