News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Wuthrich

Re: A 7th Course For Bandon
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 11:50:30 AM »
Bandon just keeps getting better and better!

Jeff Schley

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 11:56:59 AM »
"After plans for Tom Doak to design the project ultimately fell through, the team of Whitman, Axland & Cutten were a natural choice to fill in."
Interesting, did I miss this discussion previously?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Ian Mackenzie

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 01:14:53 PM »
This is cool, but I am surprised that - with Bandon and Sand Valley - Mr. Keiser has yet to give Jim Urbina his first solo architect job.

Alex Miller

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 03:44:20 PM »

The price to play the new short course will be $100 (the same fee as The Preserve), and like The Preserve, all proceeds will benefit the [/size]Wild Rivers Coast Alliance[/color][/size]. [/color]

[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]

I didn't know this and find it very interesting. Goes to show the value add that these courses are bringing to Bandon and surely provide as much goodwill for Keiser as the would-be profits.

Mike Bodo

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 06:52:39 PM »
How much undeveloped land is still left from the original site or does Mike Keiser continue buying land there to increase his empire? At the rate they're going, Bandon will have more courses than Pinehurst before too long. LOL!
"90% of all putts left short are missed." - Yogi Berra

Matthew Delahunty

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 11:13:36 PM »

The short course is likely to be the last of the courses on the resort's site.

However, my mail is that another full 18 hole layout is also in the pipeline - south of the Bandon township and designed by David McLay Kidd.

Drew Harvie

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 09:31:04 PM »

The short course is likely to be the last of the courses on the resort's site.

However, my mail is that another full 18 hole layout is also in the pipeline - south of the Bandon township and designed by David McLay Kidd.

This is pretty well-known, referred to New River Dunes with Mr. Keiser himself mentioning it'll be the last at Bandon (although apparently there's plans to renovate Bandon Muni if New River Dunes goes through).

I was just at the resort with Keith Cutten and took a walk around the site with him. I wrote something that comes with photography for us architecture nerds:

https://beyondthecontour.com/early-thoughts-from-a-too-early-visit-to-bandon-dunes-no-7/

Peter Flory

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2023, 01:51:53 AM »
Very nice write up. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back