News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

King-Collins in Nashville
« on: February 06, 2023, 12:37:34 PM »
On the course and can’t post a link.  Bounty Club, private.  Should do well - all the privates are full and jacking up membership fees.  That and the area is an “architectural wasteland” according to Tim Wieman.

Just guessing the site is Cockrell Bend or Whites Creek.

Welcome news.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 12:41:13 PM by Mike Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Steve Lapper

Re: King-Collins in Nashville
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 02:43:19 PM »
Having been in Nashville the day this announcement was made, the golf-world there is somewhat excited. Nashville has more golf demand than it does courses, public and private.

It's a beautiful piece of land according to Ran and I know Rob & Tad have some very cool ideas they will bring to fruition on this property.

Make no mistake though, the Bounty Club will be fully private and exclusive. Its developers are the 8am Golf group, led by Hoyt McGarity and backed by Howard Milstein. I'm told by local RE sources that the land was very expensive and its no secret that working with red clay soils make construction costly. As a party to securing another site not too far away for a public golf-related project, I look forward to seeing great golf in the area!
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Tom Fussell

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 04:04:43 PM »
I live in Nashville and went out and found the site while I was in the area yesterday.    It is a fantastic looking plot of land and is across the street from the new hilltop mansion being built by Kid Rock on his farm now.   

Kid Rock's property was featured in a Tucker Carlson interview last year on Fox Nation, and he described the mansion he is building as "a little White House".  His house looms over the top of the golf course site.

The property appears to have great access to downtown and West Nashville, and I was impressed how picturesque and rolling the site is.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 03:42:26 PM »
Maybe the most fascinating thing about this project is that the developer owns a golf course design firm - Nicklaus Companies (sans Nicklaus) - but isn't using their own company to design their course.

Congrats to King-Collins! This seems like quite a coup. Really looking forward to seeing what they build, especially on what looks like the type of interesting farmland I grew up around. I know it will be clever and fun.

If you're feeling geeky, some discussion of the course beginning about 10 minutes into this stormwater management committee meeting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_ulUDh7zqQ&t=916s

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back