News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Black Desert GC ( Weiskopf) in Ivins, Utah Opened May 27
« on: March 09, 2023, 01:36:19 PM »
New Course looks very interesting:
https://golf.blackdesertresort.com
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 05:11:00 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tom_Doak

Re: Black Desert GC ( Weiskopf) in Ivins, Utah
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 02:13:51 PM »
I think I looked at that site 6-8 years ago.

But I'm curious why are they still using CGI models of the course to promote it, if it's actually complete?

Mark Kiely

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 03:41:43 PM »
But I'm curious why are they still using CGI models of the course to promote it, if it's actually complete?

Brian Oar has some fantastic photos of it on his Instagram (@brianoar): See posts from Feb. 25, Jan. 26, Jan. 9, Dec. 25, Dec. 24.
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 04:02:38 PM »

Brian Oar has some fantastic photos of it on his Instagram (@brianoar): See posts from Feb. 25, Jan. 26, Jan. 9, Dec. 25, Dec. 24.

I don't really care to go find them.  I was wondering why the developers weren't making it easy.

Bill Satterfield

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 04:48:21 PM »
The Trackman CGI flyovers are fairly accurate on some holes wildly inaccurate on others.  I took some drone shots on Saturday and it took a fair amount of time to label the pictures because several holes weren't matching up with the CGI versions on their website.  Fortunately they also have drone flyovers of the holes now which helped clear some things up.  One major difference is the 3rd hole which CGI shows as par three over a pond but in actuality it is a "Rivera #6" style par three with a bunker in the center of the green and no pond.  They have nine holes that people can play right now and will have the full course open by May is my understanding.  Here are a handful of pics:

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 12:46:23 PM »
Black Desert Resort Golf Course: Ivins, Utah, course is named the future host of a yet-to-be-determined LPGA Tour competition in 2025. Tom Weiskopf, in collaboration with architect Phil Smith, designed the par-72 course.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 05:05:26 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023, 05:10:05 PM »
Course just opened on May 27:

Flyover of 18 holes on You Tube with narration by Tom Weiskopf:

Masterful Tom Weiskopf Golf Course at Black Desert Resort - YouTube

I'm planning a visit to Black Desert and revisit to Sand Hollow.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 05:12:15 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Black Desert GC ( Weiskopf) in Ivins, Utah Opened May 27
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2023, 04:39:19 PM »
Black Desert Resort Golf Course opens to glowing reviewsLPGA Tour announces 2025 event at Southern Utah’s newest course.
Ivins, Utah (June 20, 2023) – Black Desert Resort Golf Course in Ivins, Utah near St. George, has opened to glowing reviews, from everyday golfers to experienced golf course raters. The 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-design with its emerald fairways carved amid ancient black lava fields and surrounded by Southern Utah’s red rock mountains, opened for daily-fee play on May 27, 2023. Since then, the course has played host to hundreds of rounds and the positive reviews are now pouring in:
“Black Desert blew me away,” said one Golfweek rater. “It has everything I would want in a modern course.  The combination of setting, vistas and course itself is the total package. The black lava rock is so unique, I've never seen it anywhere else in the mainland. You also have the beautiful sweeping vistas of the red canyons visible from every hole.”
“An amazing design and absolutely stunning contrast of the lava rocks with the greenery and surrounding red mountains,” commented another Golfweek rater. “Truly an oasis.  Several holes can be played in multiple different ways depending on your confidence that day as risk/reward options abound. It’s a beautiful course, one you’ll remember for a lifetime.”

A golfer on GolfPass rated Black Desert five stars, stating, “Tom Weiskopf did a wonderful job working with the natural terrain to produce a course that flows beautifully through the area lava fields with the beautiful Kayenta sandstone as a backdrop. Nothing felt forced or tricked out.”
In addition to the flattering reviews, the LPGA recently named Black Desert as a future host of an LPGA Tour competition beginning in 2025
Read more:
https://www.firstcallgolf.com/industry-news/release/2023-06-20/black-desert-resort-golf-course-opens-to-glowing-reviews

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Black Desert GC ( Weiskopf) in Ivins, Utah Opened May 27
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2023, 07:07:36 PM »
Resort opens in Fall
PricingNon-Resort Guest$ 250Accompanied Guest$ 200Owner$ 150Junior Golfer (15 and Under)$ 125
https://www.blackdesertresort.com/black-desert-experiencelay

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back