News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ken Moum

Has anyone played The Bad Little Nine
« on: March 14, 2023, 01:00:06 AM »
Peter Finch just dropped his video of playing Bob Parsons' nine holer at Scottsdale National, and regardless of what you think about him personally (See the PXG thread for examples), this looks like it would be screaming hoot to play.

https://youtu.be/Qwsu-I-YSz4
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Steve Lapper

Re: Has anyone played The Bad Little Nine
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 08:13:30 AM »
I've played it. It is a hoot. What makes it so distinctive is it's skew to visual difficulty, yet if you are able to find the green, it's no longer penal. I loved it and would happily grab a beer (or two) and play another 9 (or 18) any day.

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 04:05:14 PM »
I've played it, because a friend insisted it was the most interesting thing he'd seen in a long time.  I enjoyed it, and it is certainly extremely creative -- but it was too hard for me to enjoy, even on "easy pin day".  I enjoyed The Other Course more, I thought it was really well done and a different twist on handling the desert terrain.

Thomas Dai

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 05:43:50 PM »
I’d love to play this course or something similar.
Super spec’d-up version of pitch-n-putt. Small acreage. Splendid. Sound be quick to play.
Maybe as an option play it occasionally with something akin to a rolled-back/Cayman ball to add variety/challenge.
Atb

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back