News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Peter Sayegh

Re: 14 New Projects
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 02:41:39 PM »
Saw the phrase "private golf destination" a few times.
Good luck to them.
Hashtag Grow the Game.

John Handley

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 06:29:05 PM »
Nobody is eagerly awaiting a Hal Sutton courses halfway between Houston and San Antonio.  I live in Texas and had to Google where the hell Columbus, TX is located. ::)
2024 Line Up: Spanish Oaks GC, Cal Club, Cherokee Plantation, Huntercombe, West Sussex, Hankley Common, Royal St. Georges, Sunningdale New & Old, CC of the Rockies, Royal Lytham, Royal Birkdale, Formby, Royal Liverpool, Swinley Forest, St. George's Hill, Berkshire Red, Walton Heath Old, Austin GC

Sam Morrow

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 10:33:23 PM »
Nobody is eagerly awaiting a Hal Sutton courses halfway between Houston and San Antonio.  I live in Texas and had to Google where the hell Columbus, TX is located. ::)

It's a hot bed these days, Darmor, The Covey, new Chet Williams at Big Easy Ranch, The Falls is back too.

BTW I wouldn't say it's halfway between Houston and San Antonio, I live in West Houston and am 40 minutes from there, it's not quite a suburb yet but I know plenty of folks who commute from there.

jeffwarne

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 09:20:37 AM »
Surprise no mention of the 21 club near Aiken/Augusta, Broomsedge etc. or the numerous other high ends on the east coast in South Florida(besides Apogee).....
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Pierre Cruikshank

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 11:35:45 AM »
I'm looking forward to the completion of 7 Mile Beach -  Hobart, Tasmania. They are schedule to open later half of 2024. I've been following their Twitter account, some great photos of build and progress.

https://twitter.com/7milegolf?lang=en
"Photons have mass? I didn’t even know they were Catholic.”
― Woody Allen

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 12:34:09 PM »
Very interesting...
https://7milegolf.com.au/
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Mike_Young

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2024, 08:23:42 PM »
Surprise no mention of the 21 club near Aiken/Augusta, Broomsedge etc. or the numerous other high ends on the east coast in South Florida(besides Apogee).....
Jeff, They missed two in Ga that are actually under construction and mentioned a couple that have a long way to go...
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2024, 02:15:33 AM »
I'm looking forward to the completion of 7 Mile Beach -  Hobart, Tasmania. They are schedule to open later half of 2024. I've been following their Twitter account, some great photos of build and progress.

We seeded the last hole - the long par 5,3rd - last week and Mike DeVries is on his way home (via the South Island of New Zealand) after the best part of two years living in Hobart.
It was a massive commitment to Mat Goggin's 25-year dream to make a good course in the city he grew up playing.

jeffwarne

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2024, 09:01:28 AM »
Jeff, They missed two in Ga that are actually under construction and mentioned a couple that have a long way to go...

Yes, it was an odd grouping...
Please give us an update on Warmouth Sands!
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Mike_Young

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2024, 09:36:27 AM »

Yes, it was an odd grouping...
Please give us an update on Warmouth Sands!
Jeff,Warmouth is back on track and 6 holes shaped...irrigation has begun...it was coordinated with a new US Highway 1 Bypass that got delayed for over 6 months and therefore any dirt coming needed from highway could not be gotten.  All good.  Fall line is the one that I would have thought Links may have mentioned but did not...
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Pierre Cruikshank

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2024, 01:27:03 PM »

We seeded the last hole - the long par 5,3rd - last week and Mike DeVries is on his way home (via the South Island of New Zealand) after the best part of two years living in Hobart.
It was a massive commitment to Mat Goggin's 25-year dream to make a good course in the city he grew up playing.

Mike,

Thank you for the update. It's always a delight to see a course having an organic connection to the community. Lastly, 7 Mile's social media is the best I've seen for any project. Kudos to the entire team. 
"Photons have mass? I didn’t even know they were Catholic.”
― Woody Allen

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2024, 06:06:50 PM »

Mike,

Thank you for the update. It's always a delight to see a course having an organic connection to the community. Lastly, 7 Mile's social media is the best I've seen for any project. Kudos to the entire team.

Pierre,

All run by Mat - who has done a brilliant marketing job without spending any money on it.
He followed the Richard Sattler/Barnbougle model - which was basically, "If the course is good enough it'll sell itself"
Of course, having photogenic holes helps -  a lot!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back