News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Bodo

Re: Netflix Doc - Reviews?
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2023, 06:31:22 PM »
I laughed out loud when they showed Jenna and her face looked sweaty and oily. I have to imagine that she flipped when she saw that.....Pretentiousness is being polite.
Beware, they now have to face the wrath of the 50 foot cheerleader:

;D ;D ;D

Best post of the day!
"90% of all putts left short are missed." - Yogi Berra

Mike Bodo

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2023, 06:34:57 PM »
In one bit, he sat there niggling every minute detail of his on course attire with an entire team of fashionistas looking on with trepidation.  Is that really how he prefers to spend his time?
KB, I agree wholeheartedly, but these aren't regular guys we're talking about. Social media has turned them into "brands" and thus they've become influencers, brand ambassadors and have an image to uphold.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 06:37:02 PM by Mike Bodo »
"90% of all putts left short are missed." - Yogi Berra

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2023, 08:25:24 PM »
In one bit, he sat there niggling every minute detail of his on course attire with an entire team of fashionistas looking on with trepidation.  Is that really how he prefers to spend his time?
I doubt it's how he prefers to spend his time, but unless he wants to wear an orange top with olive green pants, you bet he's going to sit in on a brief meeting and nix or approve his outfits. Just part of what he's paid to do as a sponsored athlete.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Mike_Trenham

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2023, 08:56:35 PM »
I doubt it's how he prefers to spend his time, but unless he wants to wear an orange top with olive green pants, you bet he's going to sit in on a brief meeting and nix or approve his outfits. Just part of what he's paid to do as a sponsored athlete.

When some of the guys show up dressed like clowns at majors, I always wondered if they simply have no say or style.  This tells me ,if they want to negotiate it in their contracts they can have some say.  You would have thought he had a handle of booze on the table and was throwing things around based on the reactions I’ve heard from many on this clip.
Proud member of a Doak 3.

Max Prokopy

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2023, 09:24:55 PM »
The players have a huge say in their appearance, if they so desire. 

Some get swayed by publicists/agents, others just get weird ideas, and some simply have no taste...but they absolutely can decide 99.99% of everything. 

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2023, 07:31:53 PM »
I watched the whole thing and thought it was good and interesting. It certainly wasn't a waste of time.

My non-golfing better half watched it with me and she really enjoyed it. She really liked the storytelling of it.

She has since asked who was leading the current tournament and watched a little of the Players with me - those are two things that never happened before.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2023, 11:45:41 PM »
I’ve watched two episodes.  The visuals are very good, the forced moments of supposedly candid conversations are cringe worthy.  Like when out of the blue Jordan calls JT to discuss his best man speech when both are being filmed, ugh.

I’ll watch all eight episodes and cancel my Netflix, nothing on there I can’t live without and so many let downs.
This confirms it, give me a split of HBO Max 11 months Netflix 1 month.

Hi Mike,

Before you quit Netflix, I recommend the new Bill Russell documentary.  Opinions will differ, but I consider Bill Russell to be the greatest American sportsman of my lifetime.

Just finished the Russell documentary and really enjoyed it, especially for a guy on the other side of that rivalry with the Lakers as a kid.  I despised all things Celtics, but you are right, much of it I already knew, but BR seems like a good dude overall.

As an aside, I am one of those DTS success stories. I never watched F1 (or very little) someone told me during the pandemic when I was searching for something to binge "you should check out Drive to Survive I think you would like it!"  And I did.  I am hooked, F-1 is probably now my favorite (or 2nd) sport to watch.  I look forward to it probably as much or more than anything except maybe MN Vikings games.  I do agree now that I watch every F1 race live and even practice and qualifying days, I now find DTS to have lost its luster.  I know what is going to happen in every race.

I literally dont watch much PGA Tour golf anymore since most of my favorite player left and I was growing weary of PGA Tour before that anyway.  I am stoked for the majors still, but I used to never miss a Bay Hill or a Honda, but not anymore.  I dont miss it, and I am playing golf more than ever, just not watching it as much.

I think both of these documentaries are meant to bring new eyes to a sport, and maybe slightly entertain the fringe kook fans like us as well.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back