News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

DFarron

Aetna Springs May Be Alive Again!
« on: January 26, 2023, 09:06:13 PM »
Loved this place when I lived in the Bay Area, was very sad when they closed.

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/aetna-springs-napa-revival-17741990.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight

Tim Leahy

Re: Aetna Springs May Be Alive Again!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 09:39:48 PM »
Has TD heard anything from this group? He did the last referb in 2008 and I think there was an outing of NoCal GCAers there that I couldn't make. By the time I could get there it had closed. :P
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 10:09:56 PM »
I’ve not heard anything from them, yet, but if their target opening is 2026 there is still lots of time.  All they really need to do is irrigate and grass it.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 07:19:36 AM »
Hell, forget Aetna Springs!!  How about that once considered 18 holes below Aetna on that magnificent piece of property!  (I know I know, it would take 100 years to get it permitted.)

I loved Aetna Springs.  What a cool, quiet little 9 holes.  They should also bring back that adjacent turn-of-the-century amusement park.

Brett Hochstein

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 12:07:39 PM »
I’ve not heard anything from them, yet, but if their target opening is 2026 there is still lots of time.  All they really need to do is irrigate and grass it.

Pretty much, though it will probably need some TLC at the greens and bunkers. I popped in there last fall on the way to Brambles to check it out.  They've stopped doing a basic maintenance of the greens as well as irrigating them, so ideally you'd have them re-floated by someone who knows what they are doing and expand them while at it.  There's still some activity and presence out there with a couple maintenance guys, and they seem to be irrigating down 9, presumably as a fire break for the existing structures.  Still holding out hope for an eventual re-opening, even if we have to wait 4 more years.
"From now on, ask yourself, after every round, if you have more energy than before you began.  'Tis much more important than the score, Michael, much more important than the score."     --John Stark - 'To the Linksland'

http://www.hochsteindesign.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back