News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

DFarron

The Preserve
« on: January 24, 2023, 03:25:40 PM »
Can anyone tell me how hard the walk is at The Preserve?

Thanks !

Matt_Cohn

Re: The Preserve
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 07:01:59 PM »
It's not as bad as you'd think think. Overall it's very walkable except for 2 or 3 significant uphills to get to tees. I'm in good shape, but I walked it for four straight days. A little tougher walk than Spyglass.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 07:03:52 PM by Matt_Cohn »

DFarron

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 07:38:57 PM »
Thanks your analogy of Spyglass helps me a lot. I have walked Spyglass many times with no problem so I’m sure I can handle The Preserve.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 05:55:17 AM »
The toughest part is getting through the outer gate. Make sure your on the list or with a member. 8)  I tried to get a look at it once and was reeeejected.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 12:10:22 PM »
The toughest part is getting through the outer gate. Make sure your on the list or with a member. 8)  I tried to get a look at it once and was reeeejected.

Allow time to get from the gate to the course. it is a hike.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

DFarron

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 06:35:40 PM »

US Open qualifier ….I think they’ll let me in lol!

Tim Leahy

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 07:48:51 PM »

How do you spell your first name? Maybe I can get a look at it now.
LOL 8)
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 01:48:03 PM »
I'm trying to remember if they use a two-tee start for qualifying there or of it's all off #1. I think it's all off #1, because it's about a 20 minute ride to get to the 10th tee!

DFarron

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 03:13:24 PM »

LOL 8)

I might need a looper !

Kalen Braley

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2023, 03:50:16 PM »

LOL 8)

I might need a looper !

Assuming they're putting you guys on the back tees, the length doesn't look too bad either at about 5 miles according to Google Earth...assuming you keep it in the short stuff!  ;)

David_Tepper

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 04:19:35 PM »

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2023, 01:52:04 PM »
It's a 20-minute drive from the gate at 1 Rancho San Carlos Rd up to the Golf Shop, and be sure to use the 1 Rancho San Carlos Rd address - if you were to put "The Preserve Golf Club" into your phone, it would likely route you up Robinson Canyon Road in the valley, which takes longer, is less scenic, and less safe.  The drive in from the main entrance is a breath-taker, so relax and enjoy the ride up the hill.  You're likely to see some wildlife out and about along with the gorgeous scenery.  In four years as their head professional, I saw countless deer, turkey, bobcats, owls, hawks, vultures, and coyotes....and a few golden eagles and mountain lions.

Walking the course as others have said is easier than it might look or you might imagine.  The hike from the first green up to the second tee is another "breath-taker" albeit in a purely exhaustive way, but the walk throughout the course is very enjoyable and was laid out with walkers in mind.  There are a few shortcuts you take on foot that make it easier than it appears, and there are several members who walk it most if not every time they play.  One of them is a pure-swinging gent in his mid-70s who can get around it on foot in three hours or less and often shoots his age  ;D   The other tough walking stretch begins at the 15th tee and ends at the 16th, perhaps my favorite par three out there.

It's cool to see more tournament players get to enjoy the course.  It's a special property and club and the golf course holds its own while delivering plenty of fun.  Good luck!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back