News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Weersing

Buenaventura GC flooded, Ventura, CA
« on: January 16, 2023, 12:45:56 PM »
Buenaventura GC, a Forrest Richardson redesign, is closed for awhile after recent flooding. I played the course back in 2020 and it is a fun course with tree lined fairways. Run by Kemper Sports, who also operates nearby Olivas Links.

https://www.reddit.com/r/golf/comments/108irra/flood_gonna_be_awhile_before_this_course_opens/

This is a view of the 18th green and no. 1 fairway.

"
As most of you have probably heard already, Buena GC suffered severe damage. The river flowed onto the course and flooded the entire course. There is a rough estimate that 70% of the course is covered with mud and debris. All the buildings suffered severe flooding and mud debris as well.
The Snack Bar was under over 5' of water and at least 6" of mud. The Pro Shop has a good 6" of mud inside as well. All the tables, chairs, fridge units and other fixtures were moved around and are a total loss. "
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 12:50:29 PM by Scott Weersing »

Scott Weersing

Re: Buenaventura GC flooded, Ventura, CA
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 12:51:26 PM »
Don't panic. The course flooded back in 2017 and then grew back.

Any other courses in California have flood damage.

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 01:20:37 PM »
I hope the powers that be take quick action. It serves 45,000 rounds per year — that’s nearly 1/4 million hours of public recreation.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Philip Caccamise

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 01:31:43 PM »
Terrible. I hope they bounce back quickly, it's a great course, I was going to host an event there next month but we are going to Sterling Hills instead. Ventura County munis are exceptionally good and of course Kemper does an great job. Any news on Olivas?

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 01:55:36 PM »
My understanding is that Olivas fared well. I know they were "paths only" a week ago (still), but it appeared they were open, etc.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Philip Caccamise

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 02:02:37 PM »
My understanding is that Olivas fared well. I know they were "paths only" a week ago (still), but it appeared they were open, etc.

Good news, thanks Forrest.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back