News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Erik J. Barzeski

Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, and Garland.

Jeff Shelman

Re: Chambers Bay
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2023, 09:46:09 PM »
I played CB in 2014, about a year to the date before the U.S. Open. Didn't love it.

Played on consecutive days this past July and really enjoyed it.

It plays firm in a part of the country where that doesn't happen a lot, the greens are interesting, hitting directly at the pin is rarely the right play. There's a really nice mix of holes.

I wholeheartedly endorse the place.

I haven't played a ton of golf in Seattle, but I also enjoyed Tacoma, Aldarra and Inglewood.

Richard Choi

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2023, 07:03:51 PM »
I have probably played as many courses in Seattle/N Oregon area as anyone around here and there is no question that Chambers is superior (by far) than any other course in the area and certainly a must for if you are a GCA person visiting the area.

I would actually recommend Sahalee just for the contrast and get the full Pacific NW experience. Even though it is heavily wooded, it is surprisingly playable even when hit into the trees.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2023, 01:20:52 AM »
I played CB in 2014, about a year to the date before the U.S. Open. Didn't love it.

Played on consecutive days this past July and really enjoyed it.

It plays firm in a part of the country where that doesn't happen a lot, the greens are interesting, hitting directly at the pin is rarely the right play. There's a really nice mix of holes.

I wholeheartedly endorse the place.

I haven't played a ton of golf in Seattle, but I also enjoyed Tacoma, Aldarra and Inglewood.
Never played but if Shelman liked it then that is enough for me.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

David Ober

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2023, 10:59:10 AM »
My son played Chambers Bay a couple years ago in the summer and said it was absolutely one of his most enjoyable golf days ever -- and he's played a good amount of top courses.

Bill Buthorn

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2023, 02:30:40 PM »
Rick,
Why would you not?  You get to play the most unique US Open course, maybe ever.  The bad greens are long gone but the course is not.  You will enjoy the walk, the views of the Sound are unbeatable.  Outside the clubhouse you get a look of the entire course from one place.  Is there another great course like that?  Then you get to play it.  Check out the putt Spieth made on 17, which is rarely mentioned.  Check out the second shot on 18, marked with a small plaque.  And you can see where DJ ran his uphill putt to far by the hole, and missed coming back.  There is also a goofy, deep bunker the USGA added to the fairway on 18 to make second shots more of a challenge.  Only one player all week went down there.  Tiger.
Enjoy the experience, it is special. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back