News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joel Zuckerman

Who knows about collectibles?
« on: January 13, 2023, 06:30:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

My goodness, I couldn’t even begin to tell you the last time I posted in this forum!

Quick question, as I’m in need of a little “golf expert/fanatic groupthink“

I have happened upon some rare golf book collectibles recently. No need to go into detail right here, but I’m curious if there are any experts or semi experts who might be able to give me some guidance in this regard.

Feel free to DM me (if I can remember how that feature works!) or better yet, text me at (912) 663-7851

Thanks in advance!

David_Tepper

Re: Who knows about collectibles?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 07:04:49 PM »
PBA Galleries in Berkeley, CA has conducted one or two auctions a year of rare/collectible golf books for many years. They might be able to give you an appraisal of the value of the books you are looking at.

https://www.pbagalleries.com/content/

Peter Flory

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 07:18:34 PM »
Hi everyone,

My goodness, I couldn’t even begin to tell you the last time I posted in this forum!

Quick question, as I’m in need of a little “golf expert/fanatic groupthink“

I have happened upon some rare golf book collectibles recently. No need to go into detail right here, but I’m curious if there are any experts or semi experts who might be able to give me some guidance in this regard.

Feel free to DM me (if I can remember how that feature works!) or better yet, text me at (912) 663-7851

Thanks in advance!

Michael Wolf might have some knowledge.

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Michael Wolf

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 10:11:30 PM »
Joel,

I just sent you a DM. And here I thought this was going to be a boring Friday night!

Michael Wolf

Jeff Schley

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 04:05:16 AM »
I have a copy bought on Amazon of:
Gilchrist's Guide to Collectible Golf Book Priceshttps://www.amazon.com/Gilchrists-Guide-Collectible-Golf-Prices/dp/1949756513
Which will give you an estimate, but as prices go up and down the exact values aren't going to be dialed in.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back