News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Morrow

Re: Golf Digest New Ranking of Tour Stops
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 05:37:40 PM »
They didn't fact check, everyone knows the first Houston Open was in 46 at River Oaks.

Ira Fishman

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 06:42:23 PM »
C’mon. An awfully well done clap back.

Ira

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 06:58:41 PM »
I wonder what Memorial Park would have rated before the renovation?

Drew Harvie

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 07:21:38 PM »
Muirfield Village at 3?

MCirba

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 07:23:42 PM »
Any listing with Muirfield Village ahead of Riviera should be taken with a pillar of salt
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Kalen Braley

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 07:27:23 PM »
I thought it was absurd after reading #1, when ANGC was deemed a tour stop....

Tim Martin

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 07:44:59 PM »
Where to start…..

MCirba

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 09:15:23 PM »
Fish in a barrel.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Michael Felton

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 09:27:36 PM »
No love for Hoylake huh? That's just as much a PGA Tour stop as Augusta, LACC and Oak Hill no?

Jeff Schley

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2023, 02:18:02 AM »
Makes me realize again how weak the lineup is architecturally, way too many TPC courses in the rota. We all know it is for financial reasons as they don't have to rent out the course. It's a yawn for half the list. 

Also if the same panelists 1,900 appear to be ranking these stops with the same criteria, why does it not mirror their US ranking exactly?  Did I miss something?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Sean_A

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2023, 03:51:40 AM »
Ignoring the not tour stop issues, the top 15-20 looks very fine 😎. I thought I did well in the recognition sweepstakes for a guy who doesn't follow the tour. There are only about 5 courses that I didn't at least recognise the name.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Turnberry, Isle of Harris, Benbecula, Askernish, Traigh, St Medan, Hankley Common, Ashridge, Gog Magog Old & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Matt Kardash

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2023, 11:51:39 PM »
East Lake ahead of Harbour Town and Kapalua is the most mind blowing to me
the interviewer asked beck how he felt "being the bob dylan of the 90's" and beck quitely responded "i actually feel more like the bon jovi of the 60's"

Mark Kiely

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2023, 01:00:18 AM »
I've never played it or seen it in person, but TPC River Highlands has always looked super fun to me. I don't quite understand it ranking near the bottom of the list and beneath TPC Louisiana, which looks like one of the most lackluster courses on Tour.
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Stewart Abramson

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2023, 09:05:47 AM »
Other than Bay Hill, Copperhead, TPC Scottsdale and Memorial Park, I don't know anything about the courses listed below #18. I've liked Bay Hill more each time I played there. I played Copperhead once and have no desire to play it again. I do agree with the GD description that "The Copperhead course is a tough ball-striking challenge with tight, tree-lined fairways" Not my cup of tea.  It's #24 on this list...  I don't know what that says about tour courses if there are 14 that are "worse".
[/size]
[/size]Does it matter to the general Tour TV viewership which courses the Tour plays (other than Augusta, Pebble, some of the US Open and Open Championship sites and TPC Scottsdale)?

Tim Martin

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2023, 09:50:58 AM »
I've never played it or seen it in person, but TPC River Highlands has always looked super fun to me. I don't quite understand it ranking near the bottom of the list and beneath TPC Louisiana, which looks like one of the most lackluster courses on Tour.

Mark-For spectators 15-18 provides plenty of drama with Bobby Weed doing a nice job with the redesign given the set of marching orders he got from the PGA Tour. It is fun to play with the caveat that the excitement that results from the water in play on 15-17 for the tournament also wrecks plenty of member scorecards. ;D 

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2023, 10:23:32 AM »
The PGA let’s the big tour feed on the TPC courses in their stable while thousands of private club rubes are left picking Korn Ferry out of their stool.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back