News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Warmouth Sands
« on: January 02, 2023, 02:31:54 PM »
A few years ago when Ohoopee was being constructed, I was looking in the area for land for another client.  During that search I became friends with some locals.  One was the mayor of Vidalia which is the city where all the Ohoopee traffic lands. He was expressing to me the large increase in fuel sales at the airport since Ohoopee opened and was realizing what sand and golf could have in common.  One thing led to another.  A municipal golf foundation was founded.  All of the money was raised without taxing the citizens or issuing bonds. 

There is a small fish in the creeks of the area called the Warmouth Bream.  The name will be Warmouth Sands.

Clearing and grubbing began today.  More details will follow but for now I can give you the basics.  As we begin to promote we will have plenty of really cool putter covers for ya.  There will be a lodging component.  The pro shop area will be small with a weenie machine featuring "grass fed" only weiners. There will be plenty of craft beers along with local kombucha drinks.   Pro shop will mainly carry the shirt lines that are very tight on fat guys and will push the golf shoes with no heel.  There will be a custom bag rack for single strap leather bags.  Will probably have no fairway bunkers other than waste areas and limited formal greenside bunkering.  And it should be a good course one can play for a reasonable rate.  More to follow....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Joe Hancock

Re: Warmouth Sands
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 02:36:31 PM »
Grass fed wieners and craft beer and single-strap bags…..there’s a lot to unpack here, but Mike Young is the guy to make sense of it all!  :)
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Sam Morrow

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 03:40:47 PM »
I hope plenty of gear from Fa Tass.

Tim Martin

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 03:56:44 PM »
Grass fed wieners and craft beer and single-strap bags…..there’s a lot to unpack here, but Mike Young is the guy to make sense of it all!  :)

I think there is more “hipster” in Mike than he lets on. ;D

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 04:03:47 PM »
To get Sam Morrow to comment is a coup d'monde.

Congratulations, Michael. It comes as no surprise that you would be able to convince a politician how to serve the populace.

Do keep us updated on progress, and send photos. Will you be 'gramming and 'toking those images? I expect that you'll be all about the social.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Sam Morrow

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 04:52:23 PM »

Mike does a fine job of perpetuating the southern redneck.

MCirba

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 05:04:30 PM »
Mike Young is the most liberal dude in Athens.   ;D
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Ira Fishman

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 05:58:12 PM »

I think that there is more parodying of the social media architects than hipster. But I am just speculating.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2023, 07:19:48 PM »
Mike:

Congrats on getting that project going.  I know you've been looking for a while.

P.S.  Don't sell it short before you even get it built.  It has gotta be the greatest golf course of its kind, and if it is, you'll have to hold lotteries to sell reservations!

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2023, 08:24:48 PM »
Can I get one of those ALL CAPS HATS that says MYD?

Sam Morrow

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2023, 09:57:09 PM »
Can I get one of those ALL CAPS HATS that says MYD?

I've been trying for years!

Mike_Young

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 09:41:58 PM »
Mike:

Congrats on getting that project going.  I know you've been looking for a while.

P.S.  Don't sell it short before you even get it built.  It has gotta be the greatest golf course of its kind, and if it is, you'll have to hold lotteries to sell reservations!
TD,Didn't mean to sound as though was selling it short.  Just messing around.  It's not the same land originally looked at but should be fine.Jaeger and Sam,  I got to get some more of those hats and will get you one.
Ira, I compliment what social media has done to help separate golf from housing development.  I'm still amazed at some of the numbers.  And at the same time I have carried a soaking wet leather bag around Bandon.. ;D ;D
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

ward peyronnin

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2023, 01:46:35 PM »
Seriously "Young" man will this course model resemble one of my favorites, The Fields of LaGrange.

Surely you have baked in projected maintainence costs etc and projections are based on an aniticipated green fee.
Personall I would drive from Bluffton the hour plus to play here if so. And is there an anitcipated opening day?
CongratsWard
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back