News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Costco Irons ?
« on: January 01, 2023, 08:31:56 PM »
After success with golf products like balls, wedges and putters, it looks like Costco is ready to start producing a set of irons.

After finding success with products like golf balls, gloves, wedge sets and putters, it looks like Costco is ready to enter the chat when it comes to producing irons. With the popularity of inexpensive hollow-body irons in the marketplace, this isn’t a shock, but still a big surprise.
Based on a submission on the USGA website labeled ”(Version 2)”, this demonstrates the idea has been a continuous work in progress for some time. With the booming popularity of golf this makes a lot of sense.

Read more:

https://golf.com/gear/costco-bolstering-its-golf-gear-with-shocking-equipment-reveal
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 08:35:02 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Mike Sweeney

Re: Costco Irons ?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 07:25:27 AM »
Due to day to day logistics, I joined Costco in the fall. I can't stand the place.  :D Online is okay, but my wife already does Sam's Club for family staples. I did purchase a dozen of their Kirkland balls to challenge my Snell Golf Ball loyalty. I have not tried them yet, but I did try a previous version that played like a hard TopFlight.

I am a Snell Golf Ball and Under 70 direct to consumer - golfer. I am in a position in life where I can support the Craftsmen of our game, and I will do so in 2023.

Happy New Year.

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 07:54:13 AM »
When Costco puts in a hitting bay with Trackman and hires club fitters and has shaft options for me to test, then I’m interested.  Until then, well…

I’d be shocked if these irons weren’t high quality, though, like everything that Costco puts the Kirkland name on.  I just can’t imagine why, in 2023, I’d buy a golf club with some sort of a fitting/test process.  But that’s just me.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Pat Burke

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 06:36:12 PM »
Possibly…..possibly

Getting the clubs and having shafts fit for you could be a pretty good option

Peter Flory

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 07:17:03 PM »
Nice looking design.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 07:20:05 PM »
Due to day to day logistics, I joined Costco in the fall. I can't stand the place.  :D Online is okay, but my wife already does Sam's Club for family staples. I did purchase a dozen of their Kirkland balls to challenge my Snell Golf Ball loyalty. I have not tried them yet, but I did try a previous version that played like a hard TopFlight.

I am a Snell Golf Ball and Under 70 direct to consumer - golfer. I am in a position in life where I can support the Craftsmen of our game, and I will do so in 2023.

Happy New Year.

Got the Sub70 007 blade a few months ago and couldn't be happier. Close to pulling the trigger on some of their blade irons.

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 08:26:16 PM »
I'm not a fan of the hollow irons, for whatever reason. Tried the Mizuno 225 and it just doesn't feel/sound right to me, even though the distance and forgiveness was great. Maybe it's a sign I'm old and traditional, but I'll be going into 2023 with a mixed set of Mizuno MP-20 mmc and 221 blades. If Kirkland expands to traditional forged blades, I'd definitely give them a shot.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 11:35:01 AM »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Bruce Katona

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 01:41:38 PM »
Frankly, the Kirkland golf balls performed quite nicely for me, who traditionally uses Pro V's and AVX's.  The Kirkland has good distance and good feel in and on the green.  I'll continue to use them.

As for the irons, I'd love a go at them in the net to see how they feel.

My set of 3 wedges (gap, sand & lob) are Kirkland and they perform quite nicely for the cost of one new Volkey, outside of having to change the grip out for what I prefer - and that switch was a 30 minute process in total for the 3 of them.

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 02:37:28 PM »
outside of having to change the grip out for what I prefer

The grips on the Kirkland wedges were inexplicably sized like what you'd find on a junior set.  A good set otherwise.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 03:06:13 PM »
This is a site based on the the very essence of creativity, yet the first time a vat of cheap copies tugs on our jeans we forget who brung us to the dance.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2023, 06:34:13 AM »
This is a site based on the the very essence of creativity, yet the first time a vat of cheap copies tugs on our jeans we forget who brung us to the dance.

John,

I was playing golf one time at the beloved Wilson Lake Country Club in Maine -https://www.wilsonlakecountryclub.com/. Beloved because our friend local golf Architect David Cummings did the renovation work of the Wayne Stiles 9 hole course, and beloved because it is in the middle of nowhere, but clearly there was something there at one time.

The area was once the "Toothpick Capital of the World", but our love of cheap toothpicks drove the manufacturing to China: https://q961.com/the-town-of-strong-maine-is-known-as-the-toothpick-capital-of-the-world/

Fast forward, we gutted a local economy in Maine with trade agreements, got cheap toothpicks, and now we get to play Reindeer Games with the Chinese Military!! Yea Costco Golf!!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/03/china/us-china-south-china-sea-intercept-intl-hnk-mic-ml/index.html

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back