News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Current to reversible
« on: December 10, 2022, 07:09:41 AM »
The idea of a reversible routing intrigues me.
Which courses given their current routing would with some minor (not major) tweaks be convertible into good or better than good reversible courses, ie equal or near equal in quality in both directions? And what tweaks would need to be made?
Atb

Ronald Montesano

Re: Current to reversible
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 07:50:13 AM »
Is it dumb luck that The Old Course is reversible?

We have a property in Buffalo, called Delaware Park. It is city land, run by the Olmsted Parks Commission. It has two short par three holes across the Ring Road that circles the meadow, where the other 18 holes lie. At the far end of the park, soccer and baseball fields take up space.

This entire meadow area, in my mind, could be reshaped into a reversible, 14-16 hole golf course. No way that you get 18 good holes out of it.

The problem is the old trees that dot the course. No one wants to lose those. There is also a mass burial site for soldiers from the war of 1812, who died from camp fever. Care must be taken to not disturb that hallowed space.

My point is that reversing a course should require more than a few tweeks. For it to stand the test of time both ways, it needs attention in both directions.

Sailfish Sands, in eastern Florida, reversed nine of its 27 holes. The problem is, they shift it every two weeks, rather than every other day. I've played it in one direction, and hope to get back to play it in the other direction. A good friend has a place there, and nothing to do but golf and ride his bike.
Coming in August 2023
~Manakiki
~OSU Scarlet
~OSU Grey
~NCR South
~Springfield
~Columbus
~Lake Forest (OH)
~Sleepy Hollow (OH)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back